MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Banned Members Registering.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a pretty large issue with my Forum. It seems that once a member is banned, he CAN register another account. I made sure to set it to only 1 maximum member per IP. What's going on...? Please help!
Proxy/VPN/Different IP address.
(2012-09-14, 10:55 PM)Xanth Wrote: [ -> ]Proxy/VPN/Different IP address.

Actually, I don't think it's that. I tested it and it seems that when an account is banned, they can register a new one, so it counts as deleted? Also, is there any plugin I can buy to prevent them from using proxies, like HackForums?
I think the limit in the ACP is not the number of times that an IP address can be registered EVER - it is how many times in the time frame you set in the ACP.
(2012-09-15, 12:06 AM)Jonath198 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-09-14, 10:55 PM)Xanth Wrote: [ -> ]Proxy/VPN/Different IP address.

Actually, I don't think it's that. I tested it and it seems that when an account is banned, they can register a new one, so it counts as deleted? Also, is there any plugin I can buy to prevent them from using proxies, like HackForums?

There's a proxy killer plugin which Omniscient uses but it doesn't work anymore I believe. There's another FREE plugin called no proxy please but it doesn't function properly and blocks legit connections.

OT: If you ban a member they can sign up again because you DID NOT IP Ban them. You can also use a plugin called Deny Banned IPs by Yaldaram but once again you need to IP ban them. By the way are you sure it's only 1 registration per IP
If the worse comes to the worst you can IP BAN the ip range.
Professional Sockpuppet...