MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Chat area (review/showcase)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: coollogo_com_58231857.png]

Introductions

This board is about Chating also more like
gaming,tech,and more.

Software

MyBB V1.6.8

also needed in order to post in this board.

Anything good?

Yes,
  • Have active member right now
  • some group like VIP have been added you can buy then VIA paypal.
  • and lot of boards to post in.

Hiring?

No we aren't and please don't ask.

it will lower you changes of getting a spot
if you ask.

Links

Main Page: http://chatarea.cu.cc/index.php
Register page: http://chatarea.cu.cc/member.php?action=register
I suggest:
- A new logo
- Less groups (please, there are so many)
- A real domain
- Less forums
- Remove Tabs

Seriously, your website wont go anywhere good with tabs at this early stage. You need less forums and no tabs.
Logo: is fine.
Group: I will hide the banned groups.
Domain: it the best one I can get.
Forum: I will maybe remove some.
Tabs:I Will remove them.
At this early stage, you probably want to have each of your categories in a forum, e.g. a sports forum, gaming forum, tech forum, instead of having all the sub forums. It makes the forum look empty and people won't want to join an empty forum.

I'd advise keeping capitalization consistent; your logo is Chat Area forum and your site title is Chat area Forum.

I must agree with Kolton on the groups as well; until you have a need for four different classes of VIP, and six different staff teams, you probably shouldn't have them.

I understand if you can't get a TLD at this time, but do know it does TONS for the professionalization of the forum. Ask your mom if you can mow the lawn for $10; that's all a domain costs.

If you have any questions feel free to ask Smile
You can succeed with a crappy domain, you can succeed with a crappy theme, you can succeed with a overloaded forum, but you can not succeed without content. You should start working on the content if you can't improve the rest of the issues.
(2012-09-14, 10:33 PM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]You can succeed with a crappy domain, you can succeed with a crappy theme, you can succeed with a overloaded forum, but you can not succeed without content. You should start working on the content if you can't improve the rest of the issues.

If you're going to bother using such an overdone niche, might as well get everything else right.
he ranks are fine,
the boards mite be too much I will deleted some.

and the domain is fine, I can't get A TLD domain if me
and my mom & dad don't have much money.

EDIT: I will add more post in a fer.

I posted more posts.

that sounded bad in my head. Sad
You have 17 groups, and 2 members. You definitely should not have that. It looks horrific. You have a package team, a game team, a community team, a review team, a technology team, and a support team. Are any of those actually necessary? Holy hell, dude, it just looks like you're making stuff up to make your forum look cool. Hint: it doesn't.

Next, your theme. I see nothing wrong with the theme in and of itself, but I don't like the header at all. You have Times New Roman (?) in the nav menu, then you have some ugly font for the logo that doesn't fit with anything else, and kind of blends in to the background, then you have the normal MyBB font. I also couldn't tell that a signature was a signature.

Those are the first things I'd change. It'll take a lot to get the forum off the ground, and those things aren't helping you any.
Group I'm still working on,
I will see about changing the font.

The Usergroup Legend was changed.

font I need to work on.