MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Themes Question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Are there any themes that also change the admin look to match the forum, I've yet to see a theme that also alters the admin page as well to suit.

phpBB themes do this to keep the theme going, becuause I think it spoils things when you have a nice new looking skin installed, only to go to the admin page and get a totally different look again.
I don't think that's there in RC4. But I don't know if it comes in Gold either.
There are themes that alter the Admin CP. I know you can download some of them at http://www.mybbmods.com/themes.php?version=5 - in fact, I believe all of those mentioned there should also be available for the Admin CP Smile
Yes, they are. Wink
I'll check them out, thanks!

Were do I upload the "admin" folder too, so the skin also effects the admin.

There were 3 folders in the skin download. Called "NightTheme, Night, Admin"

But the instuctions only tell you to upload the folder called "NightTheme" only into a folder called "themes" that I had to create in my "images" folder on my server.
firstly, the folder NightTheme is not in use, delete it before you start.

Next, you'll find two folders, Admin and Night. Upload Night to images/themes/ so you get: images/themes/Night/

then upload the admin folder to admin/styles/ and rename the folder to Night, so you should be left with: admin/styles/Night/

Go to Admin CP > Themes > Import > Import Theme From Your Computer (the middle box) > Browse > Asumming your running RC4, double click on RC4_NightTheme.mybb > "Import Custom Templates = Yes" > "Ignore Version Compatibility = No" > Import

And you all done. To change theme on the board, go to the user cp, to change theme in the admin cp, go to CP Preferences in the Admin C menu.
Once Gold is out I'll be giving all the themes I've created a work over, and you'll no longer need to create extra directories. Wink