MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: What to do with broken links..??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello mybb...!

After getting rejected from adsense, due to broken links.
i scanned my forum site from http://www.brokenlinkcheck.com
That's my Completed result.
"Processed 1988 web pages, found 5271 broken links"
As, you can see number of broken links are more than total number of web pages, how it can be..??
One more thing, i have a total number of 850 threads,then how i have 1988 webpages..??
Ok let suppose every new registered user has its own particular webpage, is that page is also calculated...?? If yes,
Then it may be fine,
After searching on google, i came to know, if i delete an unnecessary post/thread or a user, their link also become useless, and it is called a broken link.

Finally need the solution,
Now,what should i do with broken links..?
Should i remove them all..? If yes, then what is the easiest way to delete them all at once..??
You would have to find out what the links are then either redirect stuff or remove those links completely.
Will you please tell me how to find and remove them easily..??
As 5271 is a huge amount to delete individually..!
(2012-09-15, 08:02 PM)Zohe Wrote: [ -> ]Will you please tell me how to find and remove them easily..??

Well you can only find them by using the software you used to find out the amount of broken links you have.
Quote:Well you can only find them by using the software you used to find out the amount of broken links you have.

Okay, i will find them, but can you please suggest the name of software?? and the most important, how to remove them all easily....??
(2012-09-16, 01:41 AM)Zohe Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:Well you can only find them by using the software you used to find out the amount of broken links you have.

Okay, i will find them, but can you please suggest the name of software?? and the most important, how to remove them all easily....??

Whatever site you used to find out the amount of broken links you have is the site you are going to use to find the broke links.
Also, there aren't really 5271 broken links because the bots that check the links always consider links that they can't access as broken and for example if you have 10 broken links then it would say that you have 300 broken links.
Quote:Whatever site you used to find out the amount of broken links you have is the site you are going to use to find the broke links.
Also, there aren't really 5271 broken links because the bots that check the links always consider links that they can't access as broken and for example if you have 10 broken links then it would say that you have 300 broken links.

Okay agreed...!
So, what should i do with broken links..? If they should be deleted, then how can i do that.
Such link checkers usually aren't worth squat. What's the point of the check if it can't tell you waht it checked? Maybe it sees each reply button as broken link, if guests aren't allowed to post? One can only guess.

I don't use Adsense, but in general Google provides its own tools to analyze webpage problems (such as Google Webmaster Tools), so you should probably use those and not something third party.
What should i do with the links of deleted threads or deleted Members..?
When we start a new thread a unique link is generated for that thread, after started thread, if we deleted that thread, that link will also include in broken links.
So, my question is what should i do with that links..?
Any method to permanently delete that link??
Where my all links are stored? So that i can go and delete that link.