MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to recover a deleted forum!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A forum was deleted by accident. Can I get it back with phpmyadmin or is it gone forever? I dont want to do a full backup restore, besides it was a month ago when i made the last one. It just so happened to be the forum team area which was deleted, and I need it back.
There's no way I believe you can get it backup without uploading one of your previous backups.
You deleted files or db?
You can get your forum back if it was the files you deleted. But if you went to the install page an pressed Install a new copy of MyBB
I deleted a forum from Admin CP, thats all. I found it in phpmy admin but cant figure out how to get it back.
You're not making any sense. Database or files cannot be deleted from ACP, unless you meant deleting things from specific areas such as users, forums, etc.
Yeah, is it possible to rephrase your problem / what you deleted.
So you deleted a forum via the ACP? Yet you say it's still in the database (which it shouldn't be)? You could try re-caching the forums via ACP > tools & Maintenance > Cache Management > forums > rebuild.
An expert MyBB user could fix it. It's a complicated task.
Well thank you for the responses. I apologize for not checking in on this thread, however this problem has become more than I thought in the beginning.
I believe the accidental deletion of the forum in question has resulted in a 500 Internal Server error. Whenever search.php is called the 500 appears. Get new posts, Todays Posts, Search.php, etc.
I attempted to recount forums via ACP, however upon pressing "go" a 500 is returned. (also a 404)
I rebuilt the forum cache as you requested Euantor. Still 500.
All of my settings in General Config, Forum Home, Server & Opt, Search System, Forum Display, Show thread, have been set back to default.
If you would like to experience this error on my board please go to:
I removed all links to search.php, todays posts etc to stop my members running into it. Im hoping to get search back on the board soon, to keep the trout off my face, yet I fear I may not be advanced enough to accomplish this task in a timely manner.
I also have replaced files such as search.php, functions.php etc.

By the way, please type "plant" into the search. I know that would be a word guaranteed to be returned. Smile

To rephrase: I went to Admin CP/Forums & Posts/My Category/Delete/Yes

Also, the forum I deleted... I can see it in phpMyAdmin, however I have been unsuccessful in importing it back into the forum.

Here is my debug info from the indexpage if it helps at all:

Generated in 1.1046951 seconds (49.17% PHP / 50.83% MySQL)
SQL Queries: 114 / Global Parsing Time: 0.4883771 / Memory Usage: 23.75 MB
PHP version: 5.2.17 / Server Load: 10.3 / GZip Compression: Disabled

Since this problem has gone further than just trying to get threads back, I have made a new thread regarding the more important issue.

http://community.mybb.com/thread-126398-...#pid914680

I hope my my doing this is ok with the staff.