MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: R.I.P. my fav mouse :'(
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The mouse I've been using for almost a year has died. It was shortly diagonsed with "Double Click" after contacting support. I was kindly offered to send it in for repair but it would take 3 weeks. I am now going to have to use the Microsoft mouse with the bad scroller. Sad

...can someone find me a mouse under $50 at http://walmart.com Undecided
This is a very good mouse. They used to be called a VX Nano and I have had mine for almost 4 years now. I'd prefer a larger mouse, but I also had one of these and it didn't last 2 years.

I used to just use the Nano for my laptop, now I use it on all my machines, I just unplug it and carry it around with me. I have only had to replace the battery maybe half a dozen times too which is pretty good IMO.
(2012-09-16, 01:40 AM)Tim B. Wrote: [ -> ]This is a very good mouse. They used to be called a VX Nano and I have had mine for almost 4 years now. I'd prefer a larger mouse, but I also had one of these and it didn't last 2 years.

I used to just use the Nano for my laptop, now I use it on all my machines, I just unplug it and carry it around with me. I have only had to replace the battery maybe half a dozen times too which is pretty good IMO.
Thanks. I will pick one of those Anywhere Mouse MX's up tonight if they have it. I'm assuming they do. I have spent over $360 in mouses in the last year, with the one in the OP being my fav. The other two were name brand too which I expected to work great. I am now stuck using this crappy M$ mouse.
(2012-09-16, 01:40 AM)Tim B. Wrote: [ -> ]This is a very good mouse. They used to be called a VX Nano and I have had mine for almost 4 years now. I'd prefer a larger mouse, but I also had one of these and it didn't last 2 years.

1+ I've also had this mouse for 4 years, it's been thrown at walls, floors, windows, etc. numerous times without a single complaint. Great little mouse!
I prefer Razer gaming mice.
I love my Logitech G500 mouse(had it for a couple years now). I wasn't a fan of my Razer personally (but my brother loves his).

IMO Logitech makes really nice higher end gaming hardware(still the best gaming headphones I've ever had) but their cheap stuff is well crap Toungue.
I picked up the Anywhere MX and it's okay. I am downgrading from a G700 and RAT 7 to this regular mouse and it's pretty decent. There are some flaws:

Cursor slow
Can't click on scroll to close / open links in a new tab

Hopefully this SetPoint program can fix it. Smile

Edit: SetPoint fixed the slow cursor and middle button problem. The scroller is very sensitive though.

Smile
(2012-09-16, 06:11 AM)Trickshot Wrote: [ -> ]Can't click on scroll to close / open links in a new tab

You should be able to program the button behind the scroll wheel to do this. Mine does this by default even without the software.

(2012-09-16, 06:11 AM)Trickshot Wrote: [ -> ]The scroller is very sensitive though.

In free scroll or click mode?
(2012-09-16, 07:10 AM)Tim B. Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-09-16, 06:11 AM)Trickshot Wrote: [ -> ]Can't click on scroll to close / open links in a new tab

You should be able to program the button behind the scroll wheel to do this. Mine does this by default even without the software.

(2012-09-16, 06:11 AM)Trickshot Wrote: [ -> ]The scroller is very sensitive though.

In free scroll or click mode?

I fixed the other problems besides the sensitive scroll. I'm using Set Point to change button controls, etc. but I don't really see where to change the sensitivity of the scroll wheel.

Tim, I have fixed everything. I just had to get used to it and wear it out a bit I guess.

Thanks for the suggestion.
Pages: 1 2