MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Denied Support Wording
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
If they know that keeping it increases spam bot count, surely they know they can just change it to an image lol.
Maybe, but you know what they say about assuming. Toungue
I think it's fine, should be left as is. Doesn't bother too much.
(2012-09-17, 02:22 AM)Ryan Loos Wrote: [ -> ]That's the thing though - we don't really want regular members to give support to those denied either. If they don't want to support MyBB with a simple link back, we aren't too keen on helping them out.

I like the proposed wording better also - maybe in the next update. Smile

Oh true, but why not make that an exception to the rule:

So more or less have 2:

1 for content
1 for not supporting Mybb.

Since there for you are no legal grounds to be afraid of users offering malicious stuff etc. I don't really see why users who have those cant be helped by other users. In the end wouldn't that be the point to let other community members decide for themselves if they wish to support somebody (with the exception if they don't support Mybb)
I don't see why people think that people denied support should be helped in any way on this site. After all, this is MyBB's support site. They may choose who gets support. If you want to offer support to those denied support here then start your own site.

It doesn't matter if it is a non-staff member or not, the support is still being given through the support forums. It is highly hypocritical to allow non-staff to support users denied support.
(2012-09-18, 06:32 PM)Tom K. Wrote: [ -> ]I don't see why people think that people denied support should be helped in any way on this site. After all, this is MyBB's support site. They may choose who gets support. If you want to offer support to those denied support here then start your own site.

It doesn't matter if it is a non-staff member or not, the support is still being given through the support forums. It is highly hypocritical to allow non-staff to support users denied support.

True i guess true ah well.
But, hypothetically speaking, what about when that user donates large amounts of money to the team, and simply can't get support because of legalities, like having a section dedicated to just discussing hacking (Not that this hypothetical person needs support)? Then they're left with a hard choice, remove a topic that could potentially cause lots of activity loss, or get help doing things that they can't do otherwise?
(2012-09-18, 07:35 PM)Eric J. Wrote: [ -> ]But, hypothetically speaking, what about when that user donates large amounts of money to the team, and simply can't get support because of legalities, like having a section dedicated to just discussing hacking (Not that this hypothetical person needs support)? Then they're left with a hard choice, remove a topic that could potentially cause lots of activity loss, or get help doing things that they can't do otherwise?

This situation isn't hypothetical; there is such a user here.

There are countless third party support sites that can be used for support if you are denied here.
Yeah, just didn't want to point out his name. But sure, there definitely are. ^.^ Just saying, dunno why other users can't still support them. Not like it's breaking the law so long as official staff aren't supporting. At least I don't think so ;0
Why not just deny people that are denied support from posting threads in the support sections? That seems like the best idea IMO
Pages: 1 2 3 4