MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Softaculous
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://www.softaculous.com/softaculous/

Alrighty now, who has used it and does it actually do what it says it does on the box? Toungue
Seems like unnecessary server bloat. Is installing a PHP script that much work?
I'm Techtarded.Sad
It does work but it's not perfect. It won't update the scripts and doesn't always have the latest version.

Honestly I recommend just learning to follow in the install.php it's not that hard (will take you afternoon with google at the most).
(2012-09-17, 04:55 AM)Calisto Wrote: [ -> ]I'm Techtarded.Sad

Installing Softaculous and spending however much they want for it is probably more work than installing MyBB 20 times.
For awhile I used a web host that provided Softaculous in the control panel. Nothing I looked at was out of date. All the scripts I tried worked. I was notified by email of updates, and Softaculous was able to do updates at the push of a button. This is much more than I expected.

I should add, though, that all I really used it for was to allow a bunch of people to test drive 10 different forums. So I can't vouch for every single program they provide. But at least the forum software was installed and updated flawlessly, including MyBB. Which is much more than I can say for Fantastico.

I don't know how easy or hard it is to install. I signed up with a host that offered it, just so I would not have to install and update 10 different forums during the test. I don't use it to install MyBB on my own sites.
Meh. It's useful because I can install/uninstall stuff like MyBB, Drupal and WordPress easily (useful for test boards), but otherwise it's sort of so-so.