MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB Forum on Facebook Page
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone,

First of all to say thanks to the all MyBB group for this great piece of software, and also to all the plugins and mods authors who helps us to improve our MyBB forum copies.

Secondly to say that I´m not quite sure if this is the correct forum to share this, because instead of promoting my site or forum as is in spanish language, what I´m trying to do, is to make a point by the importance to have our Mybb copies on Facebook for those who have their own pages in this social network, and that would include also to the MyBB Facebook Page. So Please, if this is the wrong forum, don´t hesitate to move this thread to the appropiate one, thanks.

All facebook page users know that by default, Discusions Boards on Pages were removed by them almost a year ago (the facebook discussion board software they had), and also is known that some developers out there are offering forums to be attached on Pages as Applications. So I wondered...if I have my own MyBB forum copy, why I should try a different forum system for my FB page anyway?.

I´m a huge Formula One fan, I own a domain where I installed my MyBB forum copy way before facebook became so popular, it´s about F1 obvioulsy for spanish speaking people located here, so the MyBB copyright can be seen at the bottom if someone asks. Nothing fancy on design terms, with some necessary plugins and mods on it. And that is enough for me.

Later on, I decided to create a Facebook Page on where I added my MyBB forum copy as a FB Page Tab. Like this:

As shown in the attachment --> [attachment=27271]

...with a red arrow on it, so when someone inside facebook clicks it...

--> [attachment=27272]

My Mybb copy forum shows up inside facebook on Iframed mode as FB Page Forum Application, so I don´t have to open extra tabs on my browser and the people who "Likes" the page (facebook users), can easily surf the forum, register, login, etc. So I think, as myBB user and facebook user as well, that the MyBB group should do also for their own facebook page, and also all the people out there who owns a MyBB forum copy and also owns a FB Page.

I know is hard to beat the monster called facebook, so at the end, I decided to join the monster LOL.

Think about it.

Thank you.
I understand and get everything except inserting the forum with an iFrame. It just makes little to no sense to me. Facebook should extend your site not the other way around.
Not sure I like it, but it's certainly interesting.
I think this would be great for a forum dedicated to support of a product.