MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Lots of questions about themes! Please look!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello, my site is http://www.blindmansgfx.com/
I have a few questions...

If you look just above the banner on my site, you will see a blue bar... I was wondering how to get that bar above my banner on the forums... I think the code for it would be:
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN"
"http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd">
<html>
<head>
<title>Untitled Document</title>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">
</head>

<body>
<table width="744" height="32" border="1">
  <tr>
    <th background="top.gif" scope="col">&nbsp;</th>
  </tr>
</table>
</body>
</html>
Then I would like to put the "Quick login" (you see it at the bottem when your logged out) up at the top, ontop of the blue bar.. so it would look something like this.
But I'm not sure where to put the code (if the code is correct) and where to upload it...

When you go to my site, you'll also notice some sidebars... I was wondering how to put these on my forums.. an example of sidebars is here... I posted this question before, but didn't get more than "isn't that a background image?" If that is how you get sidebars, how wide would you make it, due to diffrent resulutions? And wouldn't it repeate?

I would like to know how to have the navigation on my main site, on to the forums... and to have rollovers (if possible).. also, where to upload the images, and code?

Finally, I was wondering how to get the rest of the forums/ "welcome back xxx" to the same width as the banner...

Thanks a ton!
-Snowy

if you have any questions, or I'm not explaining something clear enough, please tell me!
Thanks again!
Yep you could use this... and place it in the header template Toungue

<tr>
<th background="top.gif" scope="col">&nbsp;</th>
</tr>
</table>

"744" could be more to make it wider etc, or use "95%" preferably....! etc...

But you would need to add to your theme .css something like the following...

th
{
  background:#000000 url(images/top.gif) repeat-x;
  height:32px;
}

Upload top.gif to your theme's image folder.. Smile

It's a big ask Snowy, because there is a lot of work in what you are suggesting. Wink

So that's mine... Toungue
I got it to look ok... check to see how it looks here: http://blindmansgfx.com/forum/index.php
It has this funny little boarder around it Confused
And is there anyway to make it exactly at the top?!
Change:
to:
<table width="744" height="32" border="0">
Smile
Well, that got rid of the border... but there is like a one pixel space between the banner and the top part.. how can I change this? I know I'm picky Sad

And any idea on how to get the "quick login" to the top where the top part is? I looked in the login box template, but didn't really see anything Confused
Picky is not the word for it... Lol! Try altering the cellpadding and or cellspacing in the banner code after where you added the extra line.. You may also try changing the height of the code you added to 30 etc.. Toungue

You may have to change the height of the .gif in the .ccs... I can't remember if it's in the previous posts, if it ain't you'll have to add it... Toungue

Add this to somewhere in the top of the index template..

{$loginform}

If you want to remove it from the bottom ---> Index Page Templates --> index --> find that code near the bottom and remove it...

Edit:

Hey Snowy,

You're into graphics.. if the worse comes to the worse... Use the header and the bar and join them together to make one banner... At least your logo doesn't have a tranparent 1 pixel bar across the top.. Wink
There is an neat function to collapse borders into eachothers.
<table width="744" height="32" border="0" style="border-collapse: collapse">
Or you could juse use
<div style="background: url('images/top.gif'); height: 32px; width: 744px;"></div>
Smile
Thanks CraKteR, that worked! Smile

Ozi - Thanks, I figured out how to move the login box... although, I could only get it above the header, or below it - not ontop of the blue bar...
Thanks for all yall's help... I'm sorry I have to be so picky Toungue

There is a huge space of white between the header, and the top of the forum :/
Also, anyway to make the rest of the forums the same size as the header?
And sidebars?

Sorry for being picky, but my site is a graphics site, and I want the forums to look as much like the main site as possible!

Thanks a ton guys! Big Grin
Export the theme.xml that you are using, download the theme image dir you are using...

Zip it all up and send it to me... I'll have a look, but no promises.. Toungue

You may want to send me the images from the 'main theme' also so that they can be incorporated into the MyBB theme. Wink
where do I download the image dir?

Thanks for the help
Pages: 1 2