MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Concerns with New Themes installation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have recently installed few custom themes over the default theme and I have few questions

1. I dont see all the plugins active on custom themes. Any solution?
2. If I wanted to install new plugin to these custom themes, how can I do it?
3. How can I put adds into these custom themes as I did in default theme using plugins? though I would love to do it without using plugin but need a tutorial for that. Sad

Quick help will be appreciated.
1. Deactivate and then reactivate the plugins. This will allow them to insert the variables into your new themes.

2. Install them the same way you do with the default theme. Keep in mind, if the templates have been changed a lot, you might have to put the variables in yourself. This varies depending on the plugin and what is inserted.

3. Go to the template you want to insert them into and paste the code. If you want them on every page in the header, go to the Header template. Same with the footer, if you want them there.
(2012-09-17, 11:23 PM)Tecca Wrote: [ -> ]1. Deactivate and then reactivate the plugins. This will allow them to insert the variables into your new themes.

2. Install them the same way you do with the default theme. Keep in mind, if the templates have been changed a lot, you might have to put the variables in yourself. This varies depending on the plugin and what is inserted.

3. Go to the template you want to insert them into and paste the code. If you want them on every page in the header, go to the Header template. Same with the footer, if you want them there.

Thanks Tecca for solving two problems.. Rep for you..
Though I am still trying to figure out how to work with 2nd point asked..
It will depend on which plugin you're trying to use. Like take MyStatus as an example: it adds the {$mystatus} variable (or something similar to that - I don't think that's right) in a couple of templates.

Some plugins will say exactly which templates are modified (on their Mod page before download) so that you can insert the variables/additional code into the correct templates.

Consider opening a new topic for the different plugins you need help with.