MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Anybody seen Burning Board 4?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Not sure how many of you guys will have seen this (but I know a few people here have talked about them in the past): http://www.theadminzone.com/forums/showt...hp?t=97266

Looks pretty good to me. If only they could improve their support for English speaking customers I really think they could have a good chance in the paid forum software market.
I've never been a fan of their software based on styling, but I have to admit this is a major step forward for them. It looks really good.
Yeah, it certainly seems to draw some inspiration from XF. Apparently there'll be a beta out at the end of this year possibly. With licenses so cheap I might have to get it to have a try.
I wonder if the new style will apply to the light version as well? I suppose, from a business perspective, it might be better to allocate it to the licensed version only.
I'm not sure, but I'd guess so. Obviously the light version will lack certain features though.
For someone just starting out I suppose it would be alright. There is definitely an influence there from XF and maybe a touch of IPB, but they've managed to pull it off quite well.

Will be interesting to see what additional features will be included in the new release.
Oh, there are definitely some huge IPB inspirations too such as the user hover cards and the conversation system.
Looks like a clone of xF. Looks pretty decent IMO.
This if it works really well could (for the current pricing range) really provide VB etc with quite a lot of competition. The only thing apparently according to all is that they need more english support. But i think when that community grows the english support will grow with it.
I've said in past as well I think, they're pretty good and it's a very neat piece of software. I would agree with you on to improving their customer support for English speaking people.

They've pretty good chance in the market IMHO but they're not utilizing the possibilities to their fullest and their English customer support is one of the reason.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5