MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Login/Logout problems? PLEASE READ
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
forums.everfaire.com
For some reason you've changed your cookie path to forums.everfaire.com/ and your cookie prefix to forums-

Not sure why these are set to this, especially the path. Set the cookie path to / and make the cookie prefix blank in ./inc/settings.php, then make these changes again in the ACP.
(2010-12-16, 07:44 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]For some reason you've changed your cookie path to forums.everfaire.com/ and your cookie prefix to forums-

Not sure why these are set to this, especially the path. Set the cookie path to / and make the cookie prefix blank in ./inc/settings.php, then make these changes again in the ACP.

If I can't log in, how can I do this?

As I said, edit it in ./inc/settings.php first. Then you will be able to login and change it in the ACP. You may need to clear your browser cookies after editing settings.php.
Ah... gotcha... and thanks for that. It worked.
i still have problems i have no idea whats wrong with it
www.Forum4Gamers.net
I don't know what instructions you followed, your cookie domain is just a dot. Set it to .forum4gamers.net in ./inc/settings.php, and then in the ACP.
Working Thank you ^^
My forum is http://www.salmanmania.com/forum/

When the members try to login they get the following error

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
1054 - Unknown column 'remember' in 'field list'
Query:
SELECT uid,username,password,salt,loginkey,remember,passwordconvert,passwordconverttype FROM mybb_users WHERE username='Aisha' LIMIT 1
Its alright. i sorted the problem out. It seems to be some plugin problem so I deleted all the previous plugins from the ftp and added only the 2 that are provided with MyBB 6.1 version. The members are able to login now.
Okay i got the same problem, today i was changing the settings on mybb ACP and i happened to change the settings for the cookie domain and path. Now that i have logged out, I then log back in, now I come to the home page of the ACP, when i click a link anywhere in the ACP it ask for another login, it does that for any link on the ACP along with the homepage sign in, i have tried to change the settings on the ACP for the cookies and it won't save as it keeps asking me to log back in on every link. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advanced.
Never mind. I have fixed it thanks to MattRogowski. Thanks for the advice!