MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Login/Logout problems? PLEASE READ
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok so I have this problem.
My main website is example.com and the forum path is / . I installed mybb in the root. So the cookie settings are .example.com. Now the problem is that I installed another Mybb forum in one of its subdomains. For example the new subdomain is abc.example.com. Now as you can see, I am experiencing
problems, because when I have both the sites opened on the same browser, I start having login issues, any solution to such a problem? Because the main settings also accidentally cover the subdomain settings.
I shall appreciate any help regarding this matter.
This is where the cookie prefix setting comes in; set a different cookie prefix for each forum and it should be okay.
while still using the above settings? with the main forum setting for all subdomains? Would it still work?
Okay, I followed this guide. Still isn't working Sad I just transferred from 000webhost.com and I made a database with a different name and password because 000webhost.com has a database name with and underscore and Godaddy will not let you.
My website is BleedOutGamers.com
We transferred from GamingAssassins.net
When I try to log in, it tells me it logged me in and redirects me but it says Welcome Guest.
I can get into the admin CP by going to BleedOutGamers.com/admin but I can't do anything because every time i click something i have to log in again. Settings wont save Sad
GamingAssassins.net is still up with no problems but I'm getting rid of that and going with BleedOutGamers.com
Please help me Sad
If you read the first post, it says to edit the settings in ./inc/settings.php, and then edit them in the ACP.
(2011-07-11, 12:50 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]If you read the first post, it says to edit the settings in ./inc/settings.php, and then edit them in the ACP.

I edited then in settings.php but i can't access the ACP
(2011-07-11, 11:21 AM)RebelSniper Wrote: [ -> ]Okay, I followed this guide. Still isn't working Sad I just transferred from 000webhost.com and I made a database with a different name and password because 000webhost.com has a database name with and underscore and Godaddy will not let you.
My website is BleedOutGamers.com
We transferred from GamingAssassins.net
When I try to log in, it tells me it logged me in and redirects me but it says Welcome Guest.
I can get into the admin CP by going to BleedOutGamers.com/admin but I can't do anything because every time i click something i have to log in again. Settings wont save Sad
GamingAssassins.net is still up with no problems but I'm getting rid of that and going with BleedOutGamers.com
Please help me Sad

You mentioned that you changed the name and password of the database created on the godaddy server, did you also change inc/config.php to reflect the change so that it points to the database server on godaddy with the new database name and password?

Secondly, when you make the changes in inc/settings.php you should be able to login to your admincp. If you still can't that means that the values you entered were not correct.

Basically when moving hosts, these are the general steps:

- On the old server, login to your admincp and edit the settings for Board URL, Cookie Domain, Cookie Path to reflect the new server's/domain's settings if they are going to be different from the current domain.
- Make a file and database backup on old server
- Upload the backed up files on new server, create database on new server and import the backed up sql from old server
- Edit inc/config.php to change the database settings if they will be different from the old server (mainly the database host, database name, password)

If you missed the first step in the above steps, then you need to do the following:
- Edit inc/settings.php and edit the board url($settings['bburl']), cookie domain($settings['cookiedomain']) and cookie path($settings['cookiepath']) to reflect your new domain
- After editing settings.php, you should now be able to login to the admincp, go to general configurations and edit the board url, cookie domain and cookie path to reflect the changes to your new domain.
I think I did everything as descriped in the beginning but the login is not working well for FF5, Opera and Chrome, everything working fine with IE9 and Safari though.

The forum is on addon domain if this matters. The problem is that after the redirection it shows that I’m not logged in. After clicking the link to the index page it shows that I’m logged in but then I cannot logout.

Any suggestions?

Settings are just like I checked in http://www.dennistt.net.

I have tested this on other computers and the same problem exists.

When in localhost it works with FF5 so the problem is with cookies path I guess.

Regards.
Yet again, there is absolutely nothing we can do to help you if you do not give us your URL.

Clearly red text isn't enough to make people see this so I've put it in the biggest font size I can. maybe people will see it now. Sorry for being blunt but it's so frustrating having so many people saying it doesn't work but not giving a URL; all it means you have to wait longer than you should to get an answer. Help us help you.