MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Login/Logout problems? PLEASE READ
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Yes, go to your ACP>Configuration>Settings>General Settings

Your cookie path is pointing to "/sources/mybb-1.6.4/" It should be pointing to "/"

Smile
Thanks for the instant reply

But i am not able to login in ACP too ... It shows the login message and when i come back shows me as a guest again ... is there a way to edit it through FTP?
Ok, go into cPanel file editor. Find inc/settings.php. Find the cookiepath setting and change it Smile
Toungue

Thanks for the help Smile it got solved .... yipeeeee

rep+ done Smile

Just one thing is cookiedomain is needed to change?
First, I did not read the whole thread, so sorry, if you need to answer twice to an already asked question Confused

I upgraded our forums yesterday and I had much problems to do that, so I came here to ask for help.

I have read that I need to edit the /inc/settings.php .. so I load it down to edit it ... there is nothing to edit, the whole file is blanc, no entry inside.

I have a backup file from our old installation. Can I use it to replace the blanc file ?
^ you can use that settings file assuming that it has correct cookie entries [PM me if help required]
Well, I uploaded the old file and let it overwrite the new one. Then I load down the /inc/settings.php file to have a look if it's fine now. I discovered that the new old /inc/settings.php file is blanc too, no entry inside.

You have a PM @ ranjani

With lots of thanks to ranjani and a temporary account for him, we have solved this problem. I hope so ... by the moment it seems to work. I don't know what he has done, but the blanc /inc/settings.php is filled in now with the right content.

Thank you very much @ ranjani Heart

Regards and big thanks to MattRogowski too for all his big support on this forum Smile

Maybe its for board cookies.
Thanks for feeds.
I'm in the 1%. I started a new BB 2 weeks ago, everything was fine until Monday morning when I couldn't log in to my administrator account. I've done everything in the readme a couple of times, cleared cookies, tried 4 different computers, none will let me log in.

I tried the "handy cookie tool" mentioned a few times, but the link is 404. But I don't think it's cookies because no computer lets me in even after clearing cookies.

I've checked settings.php and the paths are correct. I tried deleting the file, did a lot of poking around to get it to regenerate, but after several hours it's still not there, so I'm replacing it. The URL is rane.com/forum.

After trying to log on, I get "You have entered an invalid username/password combination. If you have forgotten your password please retrieve a new one." I've done this twice and not received an email from it in the last 24 hours. So this is another problem to find and fix, but since I can't log on as administrator I can't fix it. Where is the email field for this in the ACP?

We are just setting up a new forum here, my co-worker mods are able to log off and on no problem. I also have a test user account that works OK. So it's just my administrators account that is messed up. Perhaps if I can fix the email problem it will send me password reset instructions and then I can get in?

Any help is appreciated!
Your password seems to be messed up. Do you have database access? If so, run this SQL query:

UPDATE mybb_users SET password = '098f6bcd4621d373cade4e832627b4f6', salt = '' WHERE username = 'x'; 

Replace x with your username. This will reset your password to "password" (no quotes).