MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Login/Logout problems? PLEASE READ
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
okay found what I think is my problem. In my other forums there is a simple slash in the cookie path field, but in these forums it won't allow me to save the slash as I have to re-log in and it is blank again. Any ideas where or how I might go about fixing this issue? Thanks...
As it explains in the first post, edit ./inc/settings.php, then edit in the ACP...
Got it, great, fixed Matt, thank you sir Smile
Wow, that will help alot of people!
hy guys . www.utilz.ro/forum
Cookie Domain:.utilz.ro
Cookie Path:/forum/
I moved my forum from www.utilz.ro to www.utilz.ro/forum and then it stopped working . i tryed everythin but I dont get why Logout don't work .
Did you clear your browser cookies??
yes . i did all what you said in that post .. but it still not work ..

Edit : ok i think i get it . my problem is from my browser . i use mozzila firefox and logout don't work but in google chrome works .
OOps: i actually did not deleted cookies :-s .. my bad . now logout works fine .. tnx , i learned new think , how to delete cookies .. :lol: . sory :p
This was driving me insane. Eventually realised that having moved the forum from a subdomain to the main domain that my settings.php hadn't been updated. Delighted to have figured it out!

Thanks to you all.
So I've done as described and it still not working

1 - I've made the edit to the settings.php and replace the file in the inc folder

2 - I've cleared the cookies

3 - and I made the same change in the General configuration

but it still keeps on kicking me out to asking for username and password and the cookie name isn't changing in the General configuration (although its sticking in the settings.php)

I also checked I was accepting all cookies and I've even tried using both chrome and internet explorer.

Anything else I can try?

I have a no-ip address and it redirects to the a different port so I can host on my RCN residential ISP. I'm trying to put the ???.no-ip.biz (without port #) address instead of the ###.###.#.##ToungueORT address which I installed it with.

Perhaps I'm replace something wrong with something equally wrong?

Perhaps I can make the change directly to the relevant table?

What URL do you actually access the forum with?? Changing directly in the database won't do anything as that isn't what the forum directly uses, that's why you need to edit settings.php.