MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Login/Logout problems? PLEASE READ
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2011-12-17, 05:54 AM)Dragon_Void Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-12-17, 01:03 AM)Chewy Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-12-15, 08:27 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Edit it in settings.php, then in the ACP, and it won't.

I'm a friend of Epyk's trying to help work with this problem.

The settings.php file is the only way we can change this(locked out of the ACP), and every time we do it gets overwritten immediately. I've tried editing it server-side with putty/pico, and I've tried editing it locally and over-riding the file. We've also tried deleting the settings file and replacing it.

A couple details I think are worth mentioning:
-The forum has been active for a few months now, this problem popped up out of nowhere
-None of the php files were manually edited since several weeks before this happened
-I'm really not sure why the trailing slash would matter, as speakeasyclinic.net// is(was, the site is currently down) a valid URL
When you edited the settings.php file(Add a cookie prefix), log into the admin control panel imminently, then go to configuration> Board Configuration and change it there, then save. That should work. I would also suggest adding a cookie prefix.

We can't log into the ACP, this problem is locking us out of it.
Seems they preferred to use phpBB rather than wait for help to fix a simple configuration issue... Rolleyes
It's an active site, we can't afford to have everyone locked out for weeks straight so we redirected to the older board.

Still trying to solve this though... have any suggestions?
Not sure how seeing another site is going to help us fix anything. Can we not get the MyBB site at all now?? How would we even know if anything we do or suggest works now??
I had a ferret through various settings this morning, To allow me to Login on my iPod.

Note that the site is http://adminnetwork.jivesn.com

I set the cookie domain to the following:
.adminnetwork.jivesn.com (Did not work)
adminnetwork.jivesn.com (did not work)
and
.jivesn.com (Works for login - But not for ACP
(2011-12-19, 08:28 AM)hgjhkg946fiyd Wrote: [ -> ]wanted to state, that I randomly started having this problem in Chrome only, and deleted cookies, but later on realized it asks you from "how long ago." Be sure you tell Chrome far enough back that it will delete the right cookies. [Image: huang4.jpg]
[Image: huang3.jpg]
[Image: 3.jpg]

Looks like a very intelligent bot. Constantly posting [Image: huang4.jpg]
[Image: huang3.jpg]
[Image: 3.jpg] in his all posts.
I Install MyBB in my server But I face a major problem. when I try to ligin my AdminCP using my admin admin ID and password, I cant login my AdminCP.

I attached my screenshots.

Please help me resolve my problem.

My URL Is : http://www.ssmediainfo.com/

[attachment=25076]
[attachment=25078]
[attachment=25079]
Does it show you logged in to the ACP or does it literally just load the login form again every time you submit it??
(2011-12-20, 08:59 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Does it show you logged in to the ACP or does it literally just load the login form again every time you submit it??

Yes, when I try to login my ACP repeatedly I facing this problem but when I login my forum using this ID in that time no problem arise. This problem arise only ACP login time.

how can I solve It ? Actualy I could not done any admin work in my forum. Its for very urgent for me.
(2011-12-20, 09:30 PM)amrikbhat Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-12-20, 08:59 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Does it show you logged in to the ACP or does it literally just load the login form again every time you submit it??

Yes, when I try to login my ACP repeatedly I facing this problem but when I login my forum using this ID in that time no problem arise. This problem arise only ACP login time.

how can I solve It ? Actualy I could not done any admin work in my forum. Its for very urgent for me.

Hello Sir please help me soon. I need some help.
I just switched my server to NGINX using the configuration recommended on their wiki.

Page is http://www.ubernerd.us/. I've tried everything up to deleting the settings.php file, it seems that its only sending the [MyBB]lastactive cookie, switching to the index.php menu. It looks like its doing something, but it won't return the other cookies.

Cookie settings: domain = www.ubernerd.us path = /