MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Login/Logout problems? PLEASE READ
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2010-09-09, 09:45 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]What URL do you actually access the forum with?? Changing directly in the database won't do anything as that isn't what the forum directly uses, that's why you need to edit settings.php.

matandclio.no-ip.biz/myBB
Extremely weird way of settings things up, but you'll probably need to set the cookie domain to just .207.38.130.20

Edit in settings.php, clear browser cookies, login to ACP, change again.
(2010-09-09, 10:03 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Extremely weird way of settings things up, but you'll probably need to set the cookie domain to just .207.38.130.20

Edit in settings.php, clear browser cookies, login to ACP, change again.

To be honest I thought I'd given that a go but it worked... well sort of.

It made the change but in chrome I still get kicked out. All is good in internet explorer where I managed to make the change.

I'm a bit of a newbie to all this but I assume that using the no-ip.biz address the external ip address will change whenever my ISP decides to change it (ie I'm trying to avoid the expense of an a static ip). So the solution you've suggested is probably not ideal.

Can the cookie be stored on an entirely different website? I have a domain with a google app account?

Your help is much appreciated. You don't know how boring its been retype my username and password.
(2010-09-09, 10:29 PM)EnglishmaninNY Wrote: [ -> ]I'm a bit of a newbie to all this but I assume that using the no-ip.biz address the external ip address will change whenever my ISP decides to change it (ie I'm trying to avoid the expense of an a static ip). So the solution you've suggested is probably not ideal.

Then using an IP like this is not going to work. Why not just buy a domain??

(2010-09-09, 10:29 PM)EnglishmaninNY Wrote: [ -> ]Can the cookie be stored on an entirely different website? I have a domain with a google app account?

No. Cookies are stored in your local browser. Using Google Apps or anything like that for something like this would be making it so ridiculously unnecessarily complicated. The way you've set this up is weird and is why you're having problems.
So I do have a domain I just figure it would be easier to setup with google apps which has worked out pretty well. The Bulletin Board is just a nice to have.

"ridiculously unnecessarily complicated"

well "ridiculously complicated" perhaps, although not really once you know what you're doing. My idea was to set it up if it incurred no additional cost and take advantage of the new NAS I recently bought. Unless buying a domain is free or I can use the domain I already have, I'd say this is necessary to keep within this criteria.

I don't know how long it takes before they change the ip addresses but so far it doesn't seem too often and it should be manageable. I probably try the following tomorrow:
- see if I can change to the no-ip address using internet explorer.
- try dyndns instead of no-ip

If either work then it seems like a reasonably robust method for anyone wanting to create a bulletin board using a residential internet connection and a typical modern NAS. Basically hosting a bulletin board for free.
I think anybody else will tell you this is a bad way of setting it up if you don't believe me. Having a yourname.no-ip.com address that redirects to an IP with a port is a bad way of doing it. I don't know what you expect to do with Google Apps anyway, how do you propose using that?? Cookies are based directly off the URL so if that's changing because the URL is changing, the cookies have to change too. You could edit the files so it bases the cookie settings directly off the $_SERVER value of the current URL but that's a bad way of doing things. Honestly, this is overcomplicating things massively.
i cant access my login page......even i register with another username..i couldnt login to my forum...please help

techhangout
(2010-09-19, 05:48 AM)envira Wrote: [ -> ]i cant access my login page......even i register with another username..i couldnt login to my forum...please help

techhangout

Works for me... Make sure your browser is accepting the cookies.
i have newly installed coppermine, for that i have to remove the cookie path,

now the forum is working fine, but the admin page requires login after each click,

what to do?

my forum is placed at

frndszone.com/forum

and gallery is at

frndszone.com/gallery

and it is totally bridged
There's nothing we can do to get Coppermine working. The forum needs a cookie path. I don't see why the bridge can't work with the MyBB cookies.