MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Login/Logout problems? PLEASE READ
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok:
URL: nhpnetwork.org/forums/

Broken images. Try to select Login, get Chrome error:
This webpage is not available
The connection to nhpnetwork.org was interrupted.
Here are some suggestions:
Reload this webpage later.
Check your Internet connection. Restart any router, modem, or other network devices you may be using.
Add Google Chrome as a permitted program in your firewall's or antivirus software's settings. If it is already a permitted program, try deleting it from the list of permitted programs and adding it again.
If you use a proxy server, check your proxy settings or contact your network administrator to make sure the proxy server is working. If you don't believe you should be using a proxy server, adjust your proxy settings: Go to the wrench menu > Options > Under the Hood > Change proxy settings... > LAN Settings and deselect the "Use a proxy server for your LAN" checkbox.
Error 101 (net::ERR_CONNECTION_RESET): The connection was reset.

In IE, error is cannot connection, then stupid Windows Diagnose Connection button.

Cleared cache multiple times, full allow on cookies.

New install, hosted on windows at godaddy. Confident chmod settings correct. Can't get to ACP, so can't make any other changes.

Please point out where I'm being stupid.Confused
Thanks

^ @jferristx , though you said CHMOD settings are correct, there is no cache of global.css file (link) - CHMOD needs to be checked again ..
Hi,

I've also the login problem on both the forum as user and on the acp. At the forum I can login, it will bring me back to the forum page but still shows that I am not logged in. At the acp I can login, but once I select a item to do it will kick me out again.

I've done (tried) all the things mentioned in the first post and have gone through most of the pages but nothing worked for me.

My url is: www.112werkforum.nl
And the forum is placed at: www.112werkforum.nl/forum

My cookie in inc/setting.php are:

$settings['cookiedomain'] = ".112werkforum.nl";
$settings['cookiepath'] = "/112werkforum/";
$settings['cookieprefix'] = "";

I'm using IE8 and have set to accept all cookies. I also cleared the history completely.

Still can't get it back to work. It worked fine before.

Any suggestion ?

Thanks, Fred
^ @ Fred , your forum's cookiepath needs to be /forum/ .. you may also have to clear your browser cookies ..
I am having an issue where people cannot login with Google Chrome.

They fill in the username and password and click Login, then it just bounces back to the login screen.

IE, Firefox & Safari are all working fine, its only Chrome users that are having the issue.

http://93.96.174.231/STY/index.php

Cheers

Op
(2012-02-11, 09:45 AM)ranjani Wrote: [ -> ]^ @ Fred , your forum's cookiepath needs to be /forum/ .. you may also have to clear your browser cookies ..

Hi Ranjani,

Thanks for your reply, but when I change the cookie path to /forum/ I can't get into the admin section and also still can not log in as user.

I've cleared all the cookies and have set the privacy thing in IE8 to accept all cookies...

Any other suggestion ?

Fred

^ @ Fred, please try again by clearing cookies thru the link available at YOURforumURL/misc.php?action=help&hid=3

@ Opt1mu5Pr1m3 , have you set cookie domain to .93.96.174.231 and cookie path to /STY/ .. can we have a test user account ..
(2012-02-11, 05:08 AM)ranjani Wrote: [ -> ]^ @jferristx , though you said CHMOD settings are correct, there is no cache of global.css file (link) - CHMOD needs to be checked again ..

Ok, URL:
nhpnetwork.org/forums/
No change after verifying on a Windows host that all CHMOD listed files have the read-only flag removed. Completely close all browsers (Chrome and IE) still getting the same error of
This webpage is not available
The connection to nhpnetwork.org was interrupted.
Here are some suggestions:
Reload this webpage later.
Check your Internet connection. Restart any router, modem, or other network devices you may be using.
Add Google Chrome as a permitted program in your firewall's or antivirus software's settings. If it is already a permitted program, try deleting it from the list of permitted programs and adding it again.
If you use a proxy server, check your proxy settings or contact your network administrator to make sure the proxy server is working. If you don't believe you should be using a proxy server, adjust your proxy settings: Go to the wrench menu > Options > Under the Hood > Change proxy settings... > LAN Settings and deselect the "Use a proxy server for your LAN" checkbox.
Error 101 (net::ERR_CONNECTION_RESET): The connection was reset.

I cannot administer the ACP, I cannot log in as a user, but I do see the number of online users is changing. I noted in a previous post that the admin password cannot be more than 7 characters, mine is, but how can I change it without doing a reinstall if I cannot get to the ACP?

I would supply a test user account if I could create one.

Thanks Angry
(2012-02-11, 12:50 PM)ranjani Wrote: [ -> ]@ Opt1mu5Pr1m3 , have you set cookie domain to .93.96.174.231 and cookie path to /STY/ .. can we have a test user account ..

Yes, cookie domain and path are as you listed.

I have inboxed you a test user login.

Many Thanks

Op
(2012-02-11, 11:10 AM)Fred Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for your reply, but when I change the cookie path to /forum/ I can't get into the admin section and also still can not log in as user.

Because your forum is actually in the root, so the cookie path should be just /