MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Login/Logout problems? PLEASE READ
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I am new to MyBB forum, i just installed it on one of my site and when i logged in and make some change and after that when i click on "Home" tab from the Admin CP menu it redirects me to login screen for Admin and i have to login again and again.

i checked my setting.php file and it says :

Quote:$settings['cookiedomain'] = ".digitaldiscuss.net";
$settings['cookiepath'] = "/";
$settings['cookieprefix'] = "";

so what is the problem?
can you please help me?
@jeetdholakia , cookie settings are correct and should work. may be your browser is not storing the cookies ..
(2012-02-17, 11:00 AM)ranjani Wrote: [ -> ]@jeetdholakia , cookie settings are correct and should work. may be your browser is not storing the cookies ..

I tried it in Google Chrome as well as Firefox but same problem.
http://wizpadzn.tk

Could it be a pugin that edited the header that I may have changed to fix it that could do it? Big Grin

I tried everything, still not able to even login to my site.

$settings['cookiedomain'] = ".wizpadzn.tk";

There are my cookie settings.
I would just like to share an embarrassing story with everyone, which might help you figure out the source of your issue.

I went into my settings file and adjusted the domain according to the instructions. Logged into admin panel and fixed that up. Worked about a day, and started acting funny again. Checked my settings file once more, and noticed I'd actually made a typo when entering my domain name.

So double check, everyone!
I adjusted my setting.php to the 3 lines below. But I cannot fix this problem because when I go to change the general configuration i cannt even get to that page without being logged out, and when I click "login" it won't. The only part of the ACP I can access is the front page.

$settings['cookiedomain'] = ".example.com";

http://gamergoto.net/
Natokill4, your domain isn't example.com it's gamergoto.net.

example.com is an example.
(2012-02-24, 04:33 AM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]Natokill4, your domain isn't example.com it's gamergoto.net.

example.com is an example.

I understand but I had it point to my domain before, but it didn't help so I though I misread the directions and should keep it at .example.com just to try, to no avail.
I am still having a problem. I have done everything that applies to me in the tutorial above, but when I try to even log into my forum I doesn't let me. URL - www.pixledfx.co.cc
Thanks.
(2012-02-26, 01:19 PM)Tom Wrote: [ -> ]I am still having a problem. I have done everything that applies to me in the tutorial above, but when I try to even log into my forum I doesn't let me. URL - www.pixledfx.co.cc
Thanks.

Your cookie domain should be .pixledfx.co.cc
Cookie path should be /forum

Once you have changed this, you may need to clear your browser's cookies to get rid of the bad one.