MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Login/Logout problems? PLEASE READ
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Clear all cookies out of your browser first. The old one may still be in your browser.
I'm going to pull my freekin hair out!!

Last night I installed several plugins:

accept_terms.php
email_admin_new_member.php
headerannounce.php
im_subscribed.php
mytube.php
registeredlinks.php
welcomepm.php

Seemed to work fine after the install last night. I go to log in this morning and get the login loop from hell.

I've deleted cookies in Chrome, firefox and explorer. Same problems when I access from my tablet from several browser.

I've deleted the settings.php file from inc. It rebuilt itself, but no change other that the warning at the top of the page went away.

Would a reinstall of mybb help?

Any help would be appreciated. Maybe I could do a little something for someone that can solve the problem.

Thanks,

www.stlpreppergroup.com
Change your cookie path from /forum/ to /
(2012-04-06, 07:00 PM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]Change your cookie path from /forum/ to /

In inc/settings.php right? Already did that using MS word pad and saved it.

Still no change... Any other ideas?
Hi dear Guys .
My Forum is >> http://safahan-eng.ir/forum <<
I Transferred the forum from Localhost to My Host and change the setting.php & config.php parameters . all the things are correct even the register works. but I can't login , login to ACP , ...
I tried it on mozilla and chrome browsers . even clear the cookies from this domain .

this is my setting changes :
$settings['cookiedomain'] = ".safahan-eng.ir";
$settings['cookiepath'] = "/forum/";
$settings['cookieprefix'] = "";

the setting.php's permission (chmod) is 666 and the config.php's chmod is 644.

when I try login , the welcome page shown but after redirect nothing changed ...

please help me to correct this problem.
tnx so much
kind regards.

is there anyone can help me ? plz

My problem had been solved...
there was no relation between this topic
tnx
Hey guys so my website isnt logging in or logg out in any way, i have fix it, it stays cool for some hours or minutes but then it just gets back with the same problem!

my fix was this: http://community.mybb.com/thread-74904.html

But i don't know if the problem is that im installing puglins and it just changes the config on the settings.php

but i found the problem i think, on the settings it is

$settings['cookiedomain'] = ".http://mywebsiteleecher.com";
$settings['cookiepath'] = "/";

when its not working

but when its working it stays:

$settings['cookiedomain'] = ".mywebsiteleecher.com";
$settings['cookiepath'] = "/";

what may cause this change?
First, of all, I snipped the swear words from your post. We don't need those here.

Secondly, after you change the settings in inc/settings.php, you also need to change them in the ACP.
This is my first post in this forum, so hello to everyone.

I am having the problem that was talked about in the first page, and cookies are probably the problem, but if I can't log in to start with, how can I change my settings? Maybe a dumb question, but there it is... Thanks for any help
Read over the first post here; you will need to use FTP or your hosting control panel.
This works thanks I was not having this problem on my forum just another forum I visit.