MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Login/Logout problems? PLEASE READ
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2013-08-23, 06:15 PM)Gelizzy88 Wrote: [ -> ]My site STILL isn't working http://forum.strawberricurls.com/

Still an issue for you? I signed up and can login fine.

(2013-08-24, 07:26 PM)Auriel Kitsu Wrote: [ -> ]I went to make a pot of coffee and assumed the Admin would have timed out by the time I got back. No error message. In fact Admin CP is no longer displayed as an option for me to log in. As you can see immediately below I have access to User CP and Mod CP but the Admin CP is completely missing.

Please help.

(User CP — Mod CP — Log Out)

Something is horked up because I had a second id that is also supposed to be an Admin, a backup account just in case something like this happened. Well I can log into it but it also doesn't show the Admin CP login and when I changed the email to the profile because I thought having two accounts with the same email address was probably not a smart idea nothing happened I never received an email for confirmation of the new address.

My domain is . . .
http://coa-mis.net/

This is incredibly bad timing because I was hoping to have this forum ready for people to migrate from facebook next week. That's not going to happen if I have to completely rebuild the MyBB installation from scratch.

Either you've change the usergroup or your user or it's lost ACP access permissions... sounds like the former if it's happened to two users, so, run this query in phpMyAdmin:

UPDATE `mybb_usergroups` SET `cancp` = '1' WHERE `gid` = '4';

Then this one:

DELETE FROM `mybb_datacache` WHERE `name` = 'usergroups';

That do anything?

(2013-08-25, 01:10 AM)vv111y Wrote: [ -> ]here's mine:

http://neighboursofniagara.com/

I can login in another way, but it is the 'login' button at the top that does not work. The code is different than the 'registration' button beside it. theme - inspire 2.0.

The login button is a submit button for some reason but it's not in a form, can you post the contents of the header_welcomeblock_guest template for that theme?
(2013-08-25, 01:29 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-08-23, 06:15 PM)Gelizzy88 Wrote: [ -> ]My site STILL isn't working http://forum.strawberricurls.com/

Still an issue for you? I signed up and can login fine.

(2013-08-24, 07:26 PM)Auriel Kitsu Wrote: [ -> ]I went to make a pot of coffee and assumed the Admin would have timed out by the time I got back. No error message. In fact Admin CP is no longer displayed as an option for me to log in. As you can see immediately below I have access to User CP and Mod CP but the Admin CP is completely missing.

Please help.

(User CP — Mod CP — Log Out)

Something is horked up because I had a second id that is also supposed to be an Admin, a backup account just in case something like this happened. Well I can log into it but it also doesn't show the Admin CP login and when I changed the email to the profile because I thought having two accounts with the same email address was probably not a smart idea nothing happened I never received an email for confirmation of the new address.

My domain is . . .
http://coa-mis.net/

This is incredibly bad timing because I was hoping to have this forum ready for people to migrate from facebook next week. That's not going to happen if I have to completely rebuild the MyBB installation from scratch.

Either you've change the usergroup or your user or it's lost ACP access permissions... sounds like the former if it's happened to two users, so, run this query in phpMyAdmin:

Then this one:

DELETE FROM `mybb_datacache` WHERE `name` = 'usergroups';

That do anything?

(2013-08-25, 01:10 AM)vv111y Wrote: [ -> ]here's mine:

http://neighboursofniagara.com/

I can login in another way, but it is the 'login' button at the top that does not work. The code is different than the 'registration' button beside it. theme - inspire 2.0.

The login button is a submit button for some reason but it's not in a form, can you post the contents of the header_welcomeblock_guest template for that theme?

No it isn't. I have to click a subforum after i login to see if im actually logged in
I appreciate all of your insights, thank you for sharing. I ended up going to the IRC channel and found somebody with experience that helped me programmatically work through the issue and correct it starting with simply switching the site back to the default theme until the problem was thought out.

I'll try and get back to this thread soon to document what happen and what I did to get out of it in case somebody else gets stuck the same way.
Please help. I was in the Admin section and was deleting users. My website is not live yet and I was deleting my previous web developers user accounts from the admin. He had several as he was testing the site. Apparently I deleted the MAIN user account and I can no longer gain access to my admin panel using the username and password combo that he had provided me with. How can I get back in? Thank you!
@ koolio, run below sql queries (see if required --> guidance on running SQL queries)
UPDATE mybb_users SET usergroup='4' WHERE uid='your user id' 
DELETE FROM `mybb_datacache` WHERE `title` = 'usergroups'; 
Thank you!
My forum keeps popping up this error, I believe its the same problem others are having, but i'm not sure. (When ever someone would log in/out it would pop this up, and then not log them in/out, so I did it, and it did the same for me.

My website is www.mcloac.com/forums by the way

----------------------------------------------------------------
Scratch that, I got it to work, i'm a noob :p
it works me,
but some times i cant again login.
i need to clean cookies from the computer and just then its works me.
help?
someone?
(2013-09-04, 11:50 AM)DanielM Wrote: [ -> ]it works me,
but some times i cant again login.
i need to clean cookies from the computer and just then its works me.
help?

It's a browser issue then. My browser deletes the browser history and cookies every time it closes.