MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Removing Posts by unregistered user
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
couple of days ago i was deleting the bots posts on my forum suddenly i had this thought that if i deleted the user from the ACP his posts will be removed but the posts was still there by unregistered use which made an error when i tried to remove them manually by clicking delete
SQL Error:
    1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 2
Query:
    UPDATE mybb_users SET `pointsposts`='0' WHERE uid = 
so i suggest you fix this in the new mybb update so instead of removing the user from the database it add some value at a row in the mybb_user table which will make the user unusable in the forum but it still there or something like that it will be better to avoid any more error
thanks for reading!
regards,
The error you received is from a plugin, not from MyBB. I think the way deletion work right now is fine; really, what you're asking for is just a ban, not deletion.
ACP>users and groups>users>options>delete user and the posts was still there but under his name it say "unregistered" tested on a clean install of mybb same error Smile
There is no "pointspost" field in the mybb_users table though.
my bad feel free to close this.