MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: New PS3 Model
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
http://www.forbes.com/sites/danielnyegri...s3-models/

Smaller and cheaper with a bigger hard drive sounds good to me. I might pick one of these up, but I'll wait a while to see if a white version comes out (Like the PS2).

Opinions?
Kinda reminds me of a laptop to be honest. A white one would look nice, I agree.
Looks pretty nice. I wouldn't get it though, my current PS3 just collects dust for me.
Nice but a waste of money really, considering the PS4 is not too far away.
Until I see a release date I wouldn't say that. Not to mention it will probably be like $600 on launch day Toungue.
I've never been into Sony, really. I only got the 360 so I could play Halo games (and found like two others along the way). I'll stick with Xbox and Wii.

(2012-09-19, 03:56 PM)Alex Smith Wrote: [ -> ]Until I see a release date I wouldn't say that. Not to mention it will probably be like $600 on launch day Toungue.

And this. Really though. We haven't even heard a whisper about what could be in these devices (720 or PS4 w/e) and people are all "THEY'RE COMING!" Well, at least I haven't heard anything about them.
PS2 Slim was released September 04, first PS3 was released November 06. I think it would see some usage before PS4.

Also, I know it wasn't asked, but the prices on the new PS3 model are great:

250GB = $269
500GB = $299

$300 for 2 years of usage and a huge hard drive is awesome. xD
I might buy it. I just have to be willing to buy an HD TV first Toungue. I have the money but don't feel like spending it when I don't watch a ton of TV.
(2012-09-19, 04:08 PM)Alex Smith Wrote: [ -> ]I might buy it. I just have to be willing to buy an HD TV first Toungue. I have the money but don't feel like spending it when I don't watch a ton of TV.

Yeah, I don't watch a lot of TV either, which makes the satellites I have useless. But I do use my 46" as a computer monitor, so there's always that option.

Anyway, the price isn't bad for the new model. I'm sure there will be plenty of time for people to play them - Sony wouldn't release this if the PS4 was coming too soon after.
Yeah after Sony's last two years I won't go near it, I'm fine with the current PS3 slim.
Pages: 1 2