MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Nemesis: 500 Internal Server Error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I believe the accidental deletion of a forum containing posts has resulted in a 500 Internal Server error. Whenever search.php is called the 500 error appears. Get new posts, Todays Posts, Search.php, etc.
I attempted to recount forums via ACP, however upon pressing "go" a 500 is returned. (also a 404)
I rebuilt the forum cache as requested in a thread which lead to this one. Still 500.
All of my settings in General Config, Forum Home, Server & Opt, Search System, Forum Display, Show thread, have been set back to default.

I removed all links to search.php, todays posts etc to stop my members running into it.
I also have replaced files such as search.php, functions.php etc.

Mybb 1.6.8

Generated in 1.1046951 seconds (49.17% PHP / 50.83% MySQL)
SQL Queries: 114 / Global Parsing Time: 0.4883771 / Memory Usage: 23.75 MB
PHP version: 5.2.17 / Server Load: 10.3 / GZip Compression: Disabled

Here is the error from my server log immediately after trying to search my forum:
[Wed Sep 19 11:09:26 2012] [error] [client 00.000.00.000] File does not exist: /home/<snip>/public_html/500.shtml, referer:
Edit: Removed Link
I Think Its A Host Problem
It's a server error; contact your host to see what they can do to find the problem.
They said it's a Mybb issue.
I Have Seen That Its Your Host Problem

Or Check Your .htaccess File

Maybe Its Causing Problem
My .htaccess file:

RewriteEngine on

<IfModule mod_suphp.c>
suPHP_ConfigPath /home/<snip>/public_html/edit/php.ini
<Files php.ini>
order allow,deny
deny from all
</Files>
</IfModule>
# Some hosts require RewriteBase to make RewriteRules work.
RewriteBase /boards/

**I had Google SEO plugin installed, however I disabled it to see if it was causing this issue.
rename this .htaccess to htaccess.txt and check if the problem is solved or still
It says that file already exists.
yes if your using cpanel just view hidden files

and then you can rename .htaccess to htaccess.txt
I changed the original htaccess.txt to .htaccess and then changed the previously exsisting .htaccess to htaccess.txt and I still get the 500 error.
Pages: 1 2 3 4