MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Sent an automated email to the user, when a reply has been posted on his thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,
I have 2 questions.

1. Please tell me how to enable an automated email process, by which an automated e-mail or Om will be sent to the user, who has been posted thread, when there is an reply on his thread.
I'm trying to develop an educational forum. For this reason I must need this feature.

2. I have seen that in mybb community forum, when I click on the MyBB 1.6 general support , sope posts are in green and others are in default color. I know that this is been done with "myBB Support" plugin.
But, my question is, above this green posts, there is a line called "Important Post" and which are not in green color, located under "Normal Posts". I want to ask, how to do this "Important Post" and "Normal Post" thing??

Please answer as early as possible. I really need it very urgently.
To receive thread reply notification emails, users must subscribe to a thread and have email notifications on. They can do that in their User CP under Options. Gimme a minute and I'll reply on how to make it default.

When making a new thread, click the "Stick thread" option box to make an important "sticky" thread.

EDIT: to make email notification default, edit member.php with an editor like Notepad++ or your host's web file editor (do not use Windows Notepad) and search for $no_subscribe_selected = "selected=\"selected\""; (it's on line 210) and replace it with $instant_email_subscribe_selected = "selected=\"selected\"";

To force it on all current users, run this SQL query in phpMyAdmin:
UPDATE mybb_users SET subscriptionmethod='2'
Thanks. Thanks a lot
See my edit for how to make it default.
Hello, many thanks for your help. I will be very glad if you answer me another simple question. After installing mybb a Help tab comes up on the nav bar. Now within this. There is a question named " Use of Cookies on MyBB"
Can you tell me from where I can edit this question and its answer?
please
ACP>Configuration>Languages>English>Edit>helpdocs.lang.php
Thanks a lot. Smile
Just made my forums email subscription default!

Thanks a lot, Paul H. Smile