MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Warning Notification in Post
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Is there any way to have a notification icon appear in a post after a user was warned/banned so other Mods know not to nail that user again? How can this be handled?
It's handled by unapproving the offending post or deleting it.
I have a debate style forum and we don't delete many threads...I just need a way to display an icon indicating that the post was issued a warning.
Then maybe you could use this plugin: http://mods.mybb.com/view/modnotice-v12-mybb-14

Everyone can see (not just mods), but the user can't edit the message or delete it from the post (or even quote it to reply). Just a thought.
That could work but would still require time to compose a modnotice message. I'd love for a plugin that puts an icon in the postbit when a warn is issued much like ChrisR's GoMobile plugin puts a little cell phone icon in the postbit when the user posts with a mobile device.

ETA: I did test the Modnotice plugin but it broke my board...conflict with another plugin apparently. I can't use it! Dodgy
Sorry Sad

I don't know another solution friend. Maybe someone else can help.
I did find an update to the plugin you posted! It works better but the PM function doesn't work! LOL...

I'd still like to have something automated if anyone is up to a challenge!
When you warn someone, it gives you a notice if there already exists a warning for that post.
True but I have several mods and sometimes we decide to use the warn system, sometimes it may just be a verbal warning. Things happen so fast that we don't always have time to discuss and one mod may issue a warn and another issue a verbal with in minutes of each other.
I have actually coded something similar, based on this thread, maybe it is time to release it.
Pages: 1 2