MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: People are selling your email address!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Yeah, today i received an email that was titled "email database" ....from some scammish email address
Take a look at the content of the email

http://i.imgur.com/nKkGF.png

That's just absurd.
God knows where did the privacy protection acts for user go now... Really sad to see all this crap..
I started getting scam emails from when I was a phpbb user, yet I always set my email to private. WTF? I mean, phpbb is a big company, it wouldn't sell emails?
I'm sorry this is news? This is why you get spam protection.
Welcome to the internet. Welcome to business...
Why do you think you get spam emails? Rolleyes
this its spam!
Whenever I get spam I immediatly report it to this police website.
In the Netherlands they actually do something about it, for example, a random guy was already fined for spamming and some websites were closed due to it.
Also it's illegal with the EU law from last year.
(2012-09-21, 07:59 PM)Ansem Wrote: [ -> ]Whenever I get spam I immediatly report it to this police website.
In the Netherlands they actually do something about it, for example, a random guy was already fined for spamming and some websites were closed due to it.

What site do you report it to and is your reporting effective ?
(2012-09-21, 08:06 PM)Frank.Barry Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-09-21, 07:59 PM)Ansem Wrote: [ -> ]Whenever I get spam I immediatly report it to this police website.

What site do you report it to and is your reporting effective ?

They require the content, if the address has been sent before, what the purpose is, if you ever subscribed to something of the domain, did you ever agree to a newsletter, etc.
And yes it's quite effective.

The website: https://www.spamklacht.nl/
Pages: 1 2