MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Postspawn - For Gamers, By Gamers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(2012-09-22, 06:30 AM)cappazushi Wrote: [ -> ]In his defense, I don't think he needs to appeal to the demographics that play social games or The Sims, and here's why: it is SUPPOSED to be a an eSports community. I'm fairly certain that no one is generating simoeleons at the competitive level.

* anori is offended

Being one that plays sc2, d3, wow, gw2, sw:tor, dota 2 etc i cant classify myself as a "social" gamer.

Its just the cod vibe his site is giving off. And thats never good.
On the topic of Esports sites well there is more or less one:

http://www.teamliquid.net/

You have a few for other sites but team liquid is easily a good example of how to set up a Esports focused site. And trying to compete with that wont be honestly easy.
The biggest problem for him right now is he has not 1 section dedicated to something related to Esports.

The only hint its an Esports focussed site is by the nav bar:

"PostSpawn - eSports Community"

While all the sections dont have one game that actually has made it in the Esports community (like lol, hon, dota2, sc2 etc.)
I appreciate everyone's feedback since it has been a great contribution to the forum's progress,
I have other things to fix, as you said, the theme, domain and other things are horrible and I want to appease the visitor before focusing on my niche.

Thank you all and I would love to receive more feed backs.
Hello everyone, here are the current changes we have done:

Domain

We have a new paid domain: www.postspawn.com

Forum Logo

We have changed our logo to a temporary design.

Forum Background

The forum background has been changed, compatible to all browsers and screen resolutions

Forum Icon

We have changed some forum icons, resized it, changed some that didnt match the theme's design.

And many more.
Remove the guest message and please do something about that background.
If I were you I would lower the transition time on links because it's way to long. I would also look into getting a new logo even if it's only temporary, it just looks really ugly and big. The background gets cut off on the right side and doesn't look right.
(2012-09-27, 02:47 PM)koz Wrote: [ -> ]If I were you I would lower the transition time on links because it's way to long. I would also look into getting a new logo even if it's only temporary, it just looks really ugly and big. The background gets cut off on the right side and doesn't look right.

"transition between links"

What do you mean?
I like your Help icon. [Image: help.png]
Just a small thing, but are people who need help termed as disabled or crippled now?
(2012-09-29, 08:28 AM)BlackChaos Wrote: [ -> ]I like your Help icon. [Image: help.png]
Just a small thing, but are people who need help termed as disabled or crippled now?

I have no idea, I'll be using the Help Docs to add Forum Rules and such.
Hopefully the handicap won't take your help icon to seriously, lol. Anyway overall I like it. Nice and clean. Only suggestion would be to use the portal, seems announcements are important to your board, just add a home icon next to the handicap icon. Maybe you could give the home a ramp as well? Just need to get members and posts now, good luck.
(2012-09-30, 06:04 AM)TaylorCTU Wrote: [ -> ]Hopefully the handicap won't take your help icon to seriously, lol. Anyway overall I like it. Nice and clean. Only suggestion would be to use the portal, seems announcements are important to your board, just add a home icon next to the handicap icon. Maybe you could give the home a ramp as well? Just need to get members and posts now, good luck.

Thank you for your feedback Smile Still, I have many things to fix, small graphical changes that is, and i'll be adding the portal Smile, such contents
as Gaming News, Server Status, Forum Contests, Clan Battles and other gamer related stuff. Smile
Pages: 1 2 3