MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Page missing errors
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Is there any fix for the dreaded missing page error? It happens on all 3 of my MyBB forums...a user clicks New Posts and then sees a thread with 26 pages. He clicks on page number 26 but the error says that page does not exist. It is actually only up to 25 pages. After a little while, the database or what ever catches up but it is frustrating for larger fast moving boards! How can I fix this?
To rule out plugins as a cause of this issue, please try the following:

If you are using MyBB v1.6.4 and newer:

Go to AdminCP >> Configuration >> General configuration >> Disable all plugins >> YES

For all other versions older than MyBB v1.6.4:

In ./inc/init.php, find the code:

define("TIME_NOW", time());

After this code, add this:

define("NO_PLUGINS", 1);

Then save and/or reupload this edited version of the file so the forum will run the new code.

This will stop plugins being run when a page on the forum is loaded; it will not edit, delete or reset any content the plugin has added or changed, it will just temporarily stop the plugins being loaded, so some features on your forum may be temporarily missing or broken whilst this code is in place. When you remove this code, plugins will work again exactly as they were before. This change helps us to see if a plugin is the cause of a problem, without you having to manually deactivate every single plugin, which would mean you may lose data from them.

If your issue is fixed when this code is added, then the cause of your issue is a plugin; please post a list of your plugins and we will try and help you find which one it may be. If the problem still happens with this code added, then it is unlikely a plugin is the cause, in which case we will investigate the issue further.

Thank you.
Sorry Omar, this is a bigger issue than just the OP's,many people have experienced and reported it, myself included. It's one of those odd things that happens under certain conditions that no one seems to be able to reproduce
Though I recall reading something similar in a MyBB forum (not MyBB-oriented), I can't see to find any information related to it.
there are a few threads about it here, i just cant think of keywords to search for them right now... i am too tired
Thanks Paveman...I have tried disabling all plugins before and it doesn't fix the issue! It also happens on all 3 of my sites. I really think it is because the task manager lags behind post counts or something.
It may be related to the post count of each thread as you mention, those are stored in a thread column and probably there is a feature that doesn't update it each time it runs.
I think I remember reading (not sure where) that this is linked to post merging. Try running a recount and rebuild and see if that fixes it, and look to see if this happens on threads where posts have either been merged by a moderator OR have been merged by posting a new post directly after a previous post.

I am interested to hear if there is a connection.
No, it doesn't involve merging. It happens on multi page threads that are fast moving. When a page jumps to say 4 pages...the posts are still actually on only 3 pages. A user clicks on the #4 in the pagination and gets an error that the post does not exist. There is no moderation involved. After a brief period, the issue clears up until the next page of posts is created.
so the pagination is showing 4 but the number of posts in the thread per page has not caught up.

What setting do you have in Delayed Thread View Updates in ACP?
Pages: 1 2