MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: post moderation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i've downloaded and installed the board. i've been poking through the docs and a did a quick look through the mods. here's my question, the only way i've found to moderate posts is through the "inline moderation". is this the only way? i need to be able to have every post require an approval before it's public. is there any way to do this by default?

Bill
Admin CP > Manage Forums > *Choose Forum to Moderate Posts* > Moderation Options

Should work, it's only on a per forum basis.
Once you can do that, you can either approve the posts/threads in the threads themselves or from the Admin CP.
thanks guys. not sure how i missed that.
one last question. can the RSS feed be turned off?
Do you mean the "RSS Syndication" link at the bottom of the page?

You can remove the link to it by going to Admin CP -> Templates -> Modify / Delete -> *your template set* -> Expand -> footer

Then find the following within that and remove it:
 | <a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/misc.php?action=syndication">{$lang->bottomlinks_syndication}</a>
Turned off? The RSS feed isn't really doing anything now is it? 0.o. It's just there.
If you mean the RSS feed links in header you can go to:
Admin CP -> Templates -> Modify / delete -> *your template* -> headerinclude
Delete:
<link rel="alternate" type="application/rss+xml" title="{$lang->latest_threads} (RSS 2.0)" href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/syndication.php" />
<link rel="alternate" type="application/atom+xml" title="{$lang->latest_threads} (Atom 1.0)" href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/syndication.php?type=atom1.0" />
sorry but one more question. is there anyway to get an email when there are posts awaiting approval?
There's no such option by default. But it's possible to create a plugin which sends an email to inform about new posts.