MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: RocketPuzzle
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[Image: 253r9e4h]

RocketPuzzle uses the MyBB script to power pretty much everything on the back-end, along with the forums.

RocketPuzzle is a site for users of all ages who are welcome to join, submit their images and share puzzles with friends. Puzzles are moderated before being publicly shown to ensure they are not offensive or inappropriate. The site is still in development and we're lifting the curtain to get some user feedback & to iron out any bugs which arise.

RocketPuzzle offers achievements to users for completing tasks such as playing 100 puzzles, getting your first puzzle approved, posting on the forums and so forth. At a future date, an online virtual shop will be introduced. You can spend achievement points here for on-site virtual items.

Join RocketPuzzle today and help us with building a respectable sized puzzle library. Over the next week, we'll be approving puzzles as fast as possible to ensure new users have something to come for. You can still send puzzles to your friends and family before they're approved though!

http://rocketpuzzle.com
http://rocketpuzzle.com/game/play/

(PS: My 5 year old sister had tons of fun playing with some Disney images, it's really easy for anyone to use!)

Suggestions are welcome here, but preferably on the RocketPuzzle forums. Remember, this site is still in development and many of its features are still being improved upon. We are trying to build a great community! Registration is not required to play puzzles but registration is required to upload puzzles and earn achievements.
Seems like a big missed opportunity that the puzzles don't work on iPhone.
I am also getting an error on Opera when i go to the play game link. I just get brief flash of the puzzle page and then the page is empty, just header and share left on a white screen..
Works for me; it's pretty cool, however, I don't really like playing puzzles much.
(2012-09-23, 03:34 AM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]Seems like a big missed opportunity that the puzzles don't work on iPhone.

Perhaps at a future date, but right now we're focusing on a browser based version. The way the puzzles are, it'd be too small to use them on an iPhone.

(2012-09-23, 04:12 AM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]I am also getting an error on Opera when i go to the play game link. I just get brief flash of the puzzle page and then the page is empty, just header and share left on a white screen..

That's odd.. We tested on Firefox, Chrome, Opera and Safari. I'll see if I can re-create the issue.

(2012-09-23, 04:34 AM)youdontgamelike.us Wrote: [ -> ]Works for me; it's pretty cool, however, I don't really like playing puzzles much.

Thanks for trying it out! At a future date, word searches are also planned to be implemented to the site along side the puzzles.
While it maybe doesnt work everywhere yet i do really like the concept. And the puzzle thingie is fun a good time killer. I have not tried to upload my own image but i imagine that only increases the duration people would be able to enjoy it.

+1 hopefully your site will do great.

I do have a question though. While madness already has quite a few pieces, are their any plans to go into the region of more pieces?
(2012-09-23, 09:28 AM)anori Wrote: [ -> ]While it maybe doesnt work everywhere yet i do really like the concept. And the puzzle thingie is fun a good time killer. I have not tried to upload my own image but i imagine that only increases the duration people would be able to enjoy it.

I do have a question though. While madness already has quite a few pieces, are their any plans to go into the region of more pieces?

Thanks, I appreciate the kind comments there! Due to the size of "Madness", I've never been bothered to complete it myself. However if you feel it'd be good to have a next level to madness, it's very easy to add this.
(2012-09-23, 09:31 AM)MarkWright Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-09-23, 09:28 AM)anori Wrote: [ -> ]While it maybe doesnt work everywhere yet i do really like the concept. And the puzzle thingie is fun a good time killer. I have not tried to upload my own image but i imagine that only increases the duration people would be able to enjoy it.

Thanks, I appreciate the kind comments there! Due to the size of "Madness", I've never been bothered to complete it myself. However if you feel it'd be good to have a next level to madness, it's very easy to add this.

It depends a bit do you keep track of the progression if the person is logged in? So that lets say a person could spend one hour today on it and another hour tomorrow on it? If thats the case you could easily make even more difficult settings. Purely because people who are "addicted" to making puzzles can get lost in those things for weeks.
(2012-09-23, 09:38 AM)anori Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-09-23, 09:31 AM)MarkWright Wrote: [ -> ]

It depends a bit do you keep track of the progression if the person is logged in? So that lets say a person could spend one hour today on it and another hour tomorrow on it? If thats the case you could easily make even more difficult settings. Purely because people who are "addicted" to making puzzles can get lost in those things for weeks.

I see what you mean. At the moment progression isn't saved unless you left your browser on! However, I do like the idea of progression saving =)
Very Nice Website. Love the design and the puzzles Smile
Pages: 1 2