MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: My SQL = MS SQL?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everybody,

My webhost has MS SQL. Is this an equivalence to My SQL ? Just asking as I am about to install MyBB and want to know for sure if it will work with MS SQL

Thanks in advance
AN
I'm not sure but usually MS SQL stays for Microsoft SQL.
Yes - by this time MyBB does not have an mssql database class.
CraKteR Wrote:Yes - by this time MyBB does not have an mssql database class.

Thanks, but when you say yes, I guess its a no: if Mybb does not have a mssql database class, probably won't work with mssql...
Sorry for the confusion, it won't work with mssql.
It might work if you change it in the database class, change mysql to mssql, although might become some problems.
CraKteR Wrote:Sorry for the confusion, it won't work with mssql.
It might work if you change it in the database class, change mysql to mssql, although might become some problems.

Many thanks, CraKteR
GanRob Wrote:I'm not sure but usually MS SQL stays for Microsoft SQL.

Thanks Rob.
MS SQL is a database server and serves the same purpose as MySQL. However, lots of SQL has to be tweaked for each server flavor. Currently MyBB ships with support for MySQL (MySQLi is just the newer PHP driver for the newer MySQL versions).

You can probably copy inc/db_mysql.php to inc/db_mssql.php then change it to handle MS SQL. Since I don't have MS SQL, I can't do it for you.
laie_techie Wrote:MS SQL is a database server and serves the same purpose as MySQL. However, lots of SQL has to be tweaked for each server flavor. Currently MyBB ships with support for MySQL (MySQLi is just the newer PHP driver for the newer MySQL versions).

You can probably copy inc/db_mysql.php to inc/db_mssql.php then change it to handle MS SQL. Since I don't have MS SQL, I can't do it for you.

Thanks LT, for your attention.
Cheers
AN