MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Without doubt the best idea
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Hi people

to avoiding spam and i want to say my idea for mybb cuz i love mybb cuz its awesome forum

Simple: Remove -> Portal + index then improve it

Hard (more information):
all of you know people mybb user could use index as homepage or portal
as captain price said
Captain Price Wrote:so why in bloody hell does makarov know you
let us stay on-topic
we can just remove portal and index
Replace:
Index ---> forum.php
portal ---> index.php

forum.php will be the forum not as index.php
and the portal
we could simply make it awesome i am not stealing it from vbulletin
will add in portal aka index.php
  • Home
  • Contact us
  • forum
  • links
  • Whats new
even you can edit all these pages or you can add new pages all these will be as headers like this:
home forum links contact us whats new
or
home
forum
links
contact us
what new

and you can edit it with HTML tages

with every single link you can edit it example links you will see html option
you will type

<b>Link 1</b>
<br>
<b>Link 2</b>

something like that
but with whats new page you have 2 option
1-You can type the what you want new in your forum
2-This is up to you, you want to set it on or off its
all of you know portal set the new topics if you want to set it on the new portal will display the new topics with you own news + top members in post and rep and like give thank something like that + small calendar + announcement like mybb follow mybb on facebook + able to add video to your index and an side bar better than plugin cuz all mybb side bar plugin not good able to add more than 6 sides bar with html tages

believe me people this is awesome idea its just improve our portal to awesome thing even add online members and shoutbox

and thanks
What you've just posted is pure gibberish, makes no sense at all.
(2012-09-23, 06:32 PM)Frank.Barry Wrote: [ -> ]What you've just posted is pure gibberish, makes no sense at all.

What?
We're not adding a shoutbox in MyBB 2.0. I'm not sure how the portal will be done but it will be customizable. As MyBB 2.0 will have an MVC structure, all pages will be at index.php?somethinghere.
I literally have no idea what you just said OP...
(2012-09-23, 06:35 PM)Paul H. Wrote: [ -> ]We're not adding a shoutbox in MyBB 2.0. I'm not sure how the portal will be done but it will be customizable. As MyBB 2.0 will have an MVC structure, all pages will be at index.php?somethinghere.

Mate i mean not to add shoutbox i mean you can install the plugin to your forum then the portal can make it on his page

(2012-09-23, 06:53 PM)fizz Wrote: [ -> ]I literally have no idea what you just said OP...

the point is improve portal page
This thing is, MyBB is a forum software, so why would the portal be the primary page?
(2012-09-23, 07:23 PM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]This thing is, MyBB is a forum software, so why would the portal be the primary page?

its will be awesome and its up to you please its will be awesome trust me
its will be like http://www.ixbat.net
you will see home contact us like that
but its will be more beautiful as the theme you are using
Theres an improved portal page plugin: ProPortal, and if thats not enough just make the homepage a wordpress site then put the forum under a subdomain.
(2012-09-23, 07:23 PM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]This thing is, MyBB is a forum software, so why would the portal be the primary page?

because some folks, like me, build the site around MyBB and use the portal as the home page and go from there.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5