MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How does reporting a Theme Ripping Site work?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My forum, which is down for now, has had it's theme ripped. There host is GoDaddy, and I'm trying to takedown that site because it's not just my theme but many other themes too.

I have the following written but want to make sure if I did it correctly.

Quote:This website is using your hosting. I have been notified that my website's theme, {LINK} has been ripped by {LINK}. This is a copyright issue and I am requesting a takedown of their website or content. They have many ripped(stealing copyrighted material) themes from various sites. Big sites that sell their themes, and sites like my forum, who is just a gaming clan website. The direct link to my websites theme is: {LINK} If you'd like a screenshot in case of deletion of the thread, I have taken a view screenshot and a full page screenshot, you will find that below.

View: {LINK}
Full Page: {LINK}

Contact Info:
Name: XXXX
Email: XXXX
Phone: XXXX

Thanks.
I think that will work. Next time you can use DMCA, they'll do it for you but it will cost money. You could just get the badge from http://dmca.com but IDK how that works.
(2012-09-23, 09:22 PM)Trickshot Wrote: [ -> ]I think that will work. Next time you can use DMCA, they'll do it for you but it will cost money. You could just get the badge from http://dmca.com but IDK how that works.

Yea, I went there first but didn't want to pay for a theme that I will change in the future. No worth the money.
(2012-09-23, 08:21 PM)iHydra Wrote: [ -> ]My forum, which is down for now, has had it's theme ripped. There host is GoDaddy, and I'm trying to takedown that site because it's not just my theme but many other themes too.

I have the following written but want to make sure if I did it correctly.

Quote:This website is using your hosting. I have been notified that my website's theme, {LINK} has been ripped by {LINK}. This is a copyright issue and I am requesting a takedown of their website or content. They have many ripped(stealing copyrighted material) themes from various sites. Big sites that sell their themes, and sites like my forum, who is just a gaming clan website. The direct link to my websites theme is: {LINK} If you'd like a screenshot in case of deletion of the thread, I have taken a view screenshot and a full page screenshot, you will find that below.

View: {LINK}
Full Page: {LINK}

Contact Info:
Name: XXXX
Email: XXXX
Phone: XXXX

Thanks.

Looks good except for that crossed out text. Have you tried talking to the admin at the forum who is ripping your theme first?