MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Change GID of members (GIDs changed but software not recognizing throughout )
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I need to change the gid for about 900 members ( when I did a merge, through ll their meta dat moved over, the vast majorty of my members merged as guests/were assigned GID =1 ).

Is it possible to manually change the GID of a user? I want to change them all to GID=2. Although not thrilled with the prospect, I am willing to change all 900 one by one.
OR
Is it possible to use something temporary - a script I could run once - to make all users GID=2 with the exception of admin GID=4?

I do not know how to write the code for that.

TY for any help
You can go into phpMyAdmin anc perform this query:

UPDATE mybb_users SET gid='2' WHERE gid!='4'
Ty
I just tried it and I got this error
Unknown column 'gid' in 'where clause'

Do I need some quotes?
Am I supposed to uncheck the box that says
Do not overwrite this query from outside the window
[ Delimiter ] ( blank box here)

I really appreciate the help; I have been banging my head against the wall for 2 days. Undecided
Oops, sorry. It needs to be

UPDATE mybb_users SET usergroup='2' WHERE usergroup!='4'

Sorry Smile
oh TY, Ty, Ty
You are just a gem
I'd give ya' a sloppy kiss if you were close
( don't worry too much about that, I am a female Big Grin)
And I'd run away screaming to my girlfriend Toungue You're welcome.
Okay
That did change all their GIDs and they do now display under registered in the user section of admin, but the software somewhere still considers them "guests". It is obvious the software still sees them as guests because they have the guest description displaying under their IDs on all their posts and they only have guest permissions. Even though they are in the GID =2 section whereas 2 = registered, the software treats them as GID=1, aka guests.

It is so weird. Al their posts are there, all their metadata is there, they are under registered in users, but when they post it is obvious they are guests and if I close down guest permissions, they are locked out. They say if they attempt to register their name. it says it is taken ( they display and post under their user name, they are just guests with user names is all I can describe it as)
Hmm.... can you post your MyBB admin login info in a new thread in the Private Inquiries forum? Threads you post there can only be seen by yourself and staff, everything within the forum is confidential. By posting your details in that forum, all staff members will be able to look at your problem and provide a solution. Also, please provide a link in your new thread to your post/thread here so staff can see all other information given/discovered so far.
Done
TY much

(2012-09-24, 01:56 PM)Paul H. Wrote: [ -> ]Hmm.... can you post your MyBB admin login info in a new thread in the Private Inquiries forum? Threads you post there can only be seen by yourself and staff, everything within the forum is confidential. By posting your details in that forum, all staff members will be able to look at your problem and provide a solution. Also, please provide a link in your new thread to your post/thread here so staff can see all other information given/discovered so far.
I have to compliment everyone here.

I never set out to be a forum admin; it kinda fell on me. And while there are some things in my life that I excel at, tech skillz is not one of them. My forum experience has been a struggle, a real struggle. About the only thing I have going for me is I am persistent and I do learn fast. - gotta keep positive, you know?

So coming from that perspective, I want to say how thankful I am for the forum's help. I want to return the favor and I can not do that by offering support to others. However I can do it by sending a donation to this forum and that is exactly what I am going to do.

My problem's solution involved more than the query above and has been solved in less than 24 hours. WOW!!!! I can not tell you how refreshing it is and how much appreciated it is to get the fast, polite, generous help I have been given.

Thank you again
You are a wonderful community.
Can not compliment you enough
Pages: 1 2