MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Smilies in the editor.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
True, its not that bad but i just find it such a waste of space having something that large cover up a complete side of the screen. Especially when somebody is typing its nice to have a large wide and open editor.

In the end the smilies now a days become less and less needed, only on the threads page people actually see them. And most simply use the quick reply to reply to a thread instead of using the the new reply for something like that.

Still wondering if it might be a good thing to go to the SCeditor, and simply replace the current editor with that. It fully supports most if not all the mybb smilies even though they dont match up currently the way they look that is, but that should be easy to sort out (i think).
A few concers would be how well does it support bb codes for example.
Well, I made my smilie box wider on the new topic as I could not be bothered to mess about further with the subscriber options and I wanted that side looking tidy.

To be honest - there are LOTS of ways to do what you want - but the current code editor is a PITA - so I just use the quick reply and if they want to have smilies and stuff they can click the button that says advanced editor.
Tomm M is doing this on his site, I think?

Might be better to wait for 1.8 to worry about this.
Yes, Tomm has a system where the smilies are on the editor toolbar. I did not really try for that as I did not want a full toolbar on my quick reply. I just wanted to get rid of the irritating MyBB window.
(2012-10-15, 07:50 PM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, Tomm has a system where the smilies are on the editor toolbar. I did not really try for that as I did not want a full toolbar on my quick reply. I just wanted to get rid of the irritating MyBB window.

a full toolbar really doesnt improve it much Toungue and would indeed be quite easy to achieve with the current options we have. Just wished there was an option to somehow do that.
With a dropdown window.. like the video select thingie.
Yea, I like quick reply - I also like that it stops the buggers using smilies as they can't find them. EVERY smilie is a request you know. Are you on a cdn?

* Leefish goes and HIDES all the smilies...or - better plan - I can sell it as an upgrade - 15 euro and you get to use smilies Toungue
* anori is afraid you just gave some random admin a really really bad idea Toungue

* anori waits for it to pop up in the showcase section

One thing i do wonder, how did tomm create that toolbar. If he could tell us how those buttons work, it should be possible to use that to create a dropdown box.
Pages: 1 2