MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Smilies in the editor.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have been wondering if anybody has ever added all the smilies to the editor itself. As a button like CKeditor / SCeditor both have these smilies in a drop-down menu.

Now i was wondering would this be possible to do currently or am i better off waiting for 1.8 with a build in WYSIWYG editor?

Because i find it looking a bit ugly on the side how it is now :/
This is something I am struggling along with, right now I use the "get more" link and have smilies open in the MyBB popup window but it is clunky and I don't really like it. I am trying to call the smilies list by AJAX at the moment, and I DO have that working, they just are not clickable and are not inside the editor - but one step at a time.

I think I need to have the editor loaded BEFORE I make my smilies appear. Discussion thread is here >>

http://resources.xekko.co.uk/thread-384-...ml#pid3025
Maybe really stupid thinking of me, but for now.. wouldn't the easiest solution (if you have the smilies on a separate page). Why not open them by including them in an Iframe (using javascript). I think that would require the least amount of changes and while it wouldn't be a "great" solution i think it would be one of the easier ones to implement.

Then again this would require all the smilie stuff to be shown on one separate page.
Could be this isn't possible at all though and just me being silly.
* Leefish boggles at iFrame. Noooooo. Toungue

I HAVE the whole thing working calling by AJAX - except the stupid click Sad They are on a separate page in that I am calling the contents of the popup mybb window, but that is not perfect.

My goal (right now) is just to get the damned things clickable. I will style later Big Grin
Hehe, nobody is a fan of iframes Toungue

What is the code behind clicking on a smilie?
Well, like I said, I think it is because I am calling the AJAX popup BEFORE the editor is loaded. Hence not clickable, so I need to refactor that.
I was wondering if there was any news regarding this. Have you been able to get it to work properly or?

If so how exactly would you go about doing this else no worries Smile
Well, I was busy with other things - at the moment I just carry on with my get more link that opens the mybb window.
I am almost thinking about just using an alternative editor like SCeditor. Purely to get something like this done. It really takes up so much space in the current form and doesnt improve the look of new thread/new reply in any way.

I have tried the get more links myself. But i hate all the additional information in it. I tried but failed to create a new page which would show more or less the same as get more smilies but instead remove all the information parts and simply make it 4 columns with smilies a much cleaner look.
Well, i think it depends how you have new reply/new topic. I quite like the way it looks on leefish, and I have the smilies showing there.

http://community.mybb.com/attachment.php?aid=27268

On topic open the postbit icons are hidden, it looks ok.
Pages: 1 2