MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: phpBB3 banned users
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've tried a merge from my phpBB3 forum and it seems banned users are now not banned in myBB Dodgy
Why? there is a table in phpBB3 where you can see the list of banned users so it would be easy to look at that table and add all those users to the banned group.

How can I do it manually? I know how to read that table, but I don't know how myBB handles bans. Do I have to add users to the group "banned"? Also update the banlist?

Thanks
If you were using a stock phpBB3 installation this should have been done automatically. However some mods change which group is the banned group (don't ask me why since it sure as heck doesn't make sense to me!) and we cannot support that. Also "extra" banned groups, if phpBB3 allows them, would not be treated as such; only the default banned group.
there is no "banned" group in my forum. I have mods installed, but there is nothing ban-related.
I think there is no special group for banned users in phpbb3. In fact there are mods that add that feature to phpbb3: https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/mod/p..._to_group/

But who cares, there is a table called "banlist", just copy the user_ids. That's what I want to do, I just want to know what should I do with those IDs. Or in other words, how mybb handles banned users so that I can do the same manually after the merge.

I don't care why the merge system doesn't have this feature, I just want to solve it.