MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Set a single post redirection for a forum under a category
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,
This question is little odd, I know. But if anyone can help me in this matter, I will be really very glad. Let me explain you what I'm asking for.

As we all know within a forum webpage, we can create categories, and within those categories we can assign many forum. Now within every forum, there can be many threads.

Now my question is, I have created one category and assign few forum within that category. Now those forum within that category only contain a single post maid my admin. Now when users are clicking on the forum name, it is redirecting them to a page where only 1 post is showing. Then they have to click on that Thread/Topic to read it.

I want to remove that intermediate page only for those few forum, so that when any user will click on the forum name from the index page, it will automatically redirect him to the Topic/Post made by admin. It will not show the page where topic list or new thread option comes.

Is there any ways to do that? Please help.
I think this should work, but I can't be sure:

Create a forum but edit permissions so users can view posts and not the forum (forum = visible: no). Now create your threads in that forum, create forums that redirect to your threads.
Done. Thank you very much.
Kevin pointed me in the right direction. This (below) is ~ the same, but more detailed.

1) Create the single post for "Example forum", and copy the URL.
2) Paste the URL into: Additional Forum Options > Forum Link
3) Uncheck: Forum is Open?
If unselected, users will not be able to post in this forum regardless of permissions.

Notes:
Positive: If you have several "custom" usergroups, then setting view permissions per forum will be a Big hassle, so the above steps work well.

Drawback: The default forum closed image has a red X, so you might want to carefully consider what image to use.
Glad to help you.
Thanks a lot. Working fine.