MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Could use some help theme, and links not working properly.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, I'm pretty new to the Forum/Website creation world and have just recently started. I'm currently trying to setup a forum that's hosted on my own server, but am encountering an issue when I try to access the forum from any other computer but the :Localhost:. I'm pretty sure I have my image directories screwed up and am struggling to fix it. I'm hoping someone would be willing to take a little time and maybe walk a noob like me through this.

I'm running xampp and have installed mybb.
I can access the forum through the localhost with no problems at all.

I'm hoping someone can at least point me in the right direction =D

|
C:/Xampp
C:/Xampp/htdocs
C:/Xampp/htdocs/forum
C:/Xampp/htdocs/forum/images
|
www.tyrianunity.com/forum

I know it's probably a silly mistake on my part, but please keep in mind I'm pretty new to this and have tried searching around but have come up empty.

(Sorry if this is the wrong section to be posting this in btw, I didn't see a help area)
You'll need to check your firewalls to make sure outside, incoming traffic is allowed.

EDIT: Misunderstood the issue. It seems you haven't changed your cookie domain/directory and board url settings. You'll need to edit that to the new domain as right now they are set to localhost.
(2012-09-27, 04:25 PM)Paul H. Wrote: [ -> ]You'll need to check your firewalls to make sure outside, incoming traffic is allowed.

EDIT: Misunderstood the issue. It seems you haven't changed your cookie domain/directory and board url settings. You'll need to edit that to the new domain as right now they are set to localhost.

How exactly do I go about doing that? do you have any guides you can reference?