MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Is my mybb sitemap valid?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,
please I would know if my mybb forum sitemap is valid in your opinion.
Consider that my forum has atleast 30 sections and 4800 topics.

[Image: nL0b7.png]
Why not just use Google SEO's sitemap functionality? Looks like you used some online service to build this one.
An technician did it for me but, i'm not sure if it is valid. I see a low amount of pages, and no sections, most of them are shoutbox related...
Yeah, it looks like it's missing a lot. I'd seriously advise installing the Google SEO plugin. Even if you don't want to use any of the other features it provides, you really can't fault the sitemap generation tool.
I already have google seo plugin, how can i create a sitemap with it?

I just checked it and sitemap is enabled, when i visit it i get this: [Image: RB9Ew.png]
Google SEO generates an XML Sitemap meant for the use of search engines. As such it's not styled in any way.

If you were looking for a sitemap in HTML for users to browse (your first screenshot says HTML sitemap), well: I can't help you there but in my opinion, it's pointless to have such a one, since the forum index itself serves that purpose already. A html sitemap won't give users a better overview over your forum structure than the forum itself does. And if you're looking for the same with less clutter, there's the archive mode.