MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Graphics forum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Do you guys know of any graphic design forums out there running MyBB? I see a lack of graphic design forums and I'm interested in reaching out to any existing forums out there.
(2012-09-28, 04:27 AM)BlackChaos Wrote: [ -> ]Do you guys know of any graphic design forums out there running MyBB? I see a lack of graphic design forums and I'm interested in reaching out to any existing forums out there.
I might add it to my forum. Would you join my site if I added it? Also, would you like to moderate it.
He's probably talking about design-oriented MyBB communities. There are thousands of forums with a graphics section plopped in.
http://gfxforums.net/

biggest one i know about.. used to be MyBB.
As I said to you a while ago Black, there's a serious lack of them now GFXF went to Xenforo, that's a big chance. Buy forums out with relatively active graphic categories with content, even if they're not graphic forums. Make sure the community is actually active though. Then merge them into g3 and make it solely a graphics forum.

That's what I would do anyway, it's a niche begging to be explored.
G3F has already grown larger than most of the recent (one year ago maybe) gaming forums that run on MyBB. Its currently one of the few MyBB forums, if not the only (to my knowledge), that actually focuses resources on graphic design rather than just dumping it in one section or a group of sections.
Despite the emergence of forums that are trying to mix and match niches together, its one of the first of its kind to focus on more than one niche. I want to continue on that. Its just that the graphics part of the site has not been as active as it used to and I could use some help with that.
I know wedesignthe.net. Amazing site, but it focuses more on web designing and development rather than graphics and art.
Technically HF is not a graphic design forum, despite having a large memberbase of graphic designers.
I still got the mybb db for gfxforums, and I'm almost certainly going to convert back when the conversion tool is available here.
Pages: 1 2