MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: AgileGraphics - Dare to do More
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have been successfully designed MyBB forum , however I have not added some forums yet. I think almost 80% of forum complete.

SO here is the link of it....

AgileGraphics.net

Please don't flame or spam in my thread , Just let me know how is it ? How is the theme , Features etc.

Logo will be changed soon . I want to get some registers to my website.
I think - you have far too many empty forums, but as you are using the free tabs then a large amount of them are hidden from view. Repeating an empty downloads section on every tab just reinforces the fact that is empty on EVERY view. Get rid of the tabs. Reduce the forums.

The gifs on the on/off have pixellated edges - you need to clean those up, especially on a darker background like you have.

The forum bits look cramped in height and full of whitespace on width- you need to adjust line heights ad consider using a wrapper on the content to fix the width or at least set a min-max. With a 100% fluid width then the forums and posts are going to look horribly stretched on a very wide screen.

The colors of the theme need to be reviewed - go to a palette site like kuler and get a proper palette and use that.

Summary:
Your forum is called agile graphics - so focus on the graphics part of the niche and get rid of most of your forums and the tabs and get a theme that is suitable for a graphics site - the one you have is just not good enough.
Considering it is a graphics forum i mean wow....work on them graphics man.
Firstly, why do people insist in having this? Thanks for telling me my IP, that will definitely make me want to sign up.

Secondly, why do you have so many sections? You have just made a brand new forum and have 1 post, do you not think adding that many sections is just going to give yourself unneeded and unnecessary pressure? It's not even the amount of sections that truly bothers me, it's the sections you have. You're a graphics forum, yet you have "softwares" (lol), "Mac Downloads", "iPhone and Android" and so many other useless sections which have no relevance in that niche.

You need to get rid of those tabs, delete so many of those sections and make sure the forum concentrates on graphics alone. Though i do think a graphics forum should have a really good theme, which you don't at the moment.
[edit]
Well I'm actually going to redo my opinion of your website.

First of all the theme is ugly and I'm not very fond of the color scheme. It looks like you just came off of HF trying to get a little something they had going. What's with the coding section of your forum? You're a graphics forum yet you have more categories about coding than actual graphics.

That brings another thing to my attention too. Why do you feel the need to have so many sections when you have only 1 post? Try reducing the amount of sections you have by condensing them. A perfect way to do this is make it so all of the coding related categories are merged into one section titled, "Coding Discussion." You should also look into losing the tabs until your forum gets more active. A lot of people dislike tabs here since there is absolutely no need for them on beginning forums.

You should also look into redoing a large majority of your buttons. They blend into the theme and are barely visible via the background. Another suggestion would be to reduce the size of the forum icons, a bit to large in my opinion. It would also help to give your forum logo another look, it needs a lot of improvement.

Two more things would be to remove the whole IP thing because that tends to scare people away and look into changing the color of the breadcrumbs. Black font color on top of a dark background really doesn't look right and it's hard to read.
Lol Koz, reworded my post ay?
Not my fault I had the same opinions. I have more to say about the website, but I don't want to get mean.

[edit] Nevermind I reworded my post and did some harsh criticism.
WTF? HF means =---> Hackforums>? So it doesnot means that it is jsut of hacking , it also contains other sections too. And yeah its new forum and i am gnnna fill it.
(2012-09-28, 05:13 PM)asad3man Wrote: [ -> ]WTF? HF means =---> Hackforums>? So it doesnot means that it is jsut of hacking , it also contains other sections too. And yeah its new forum and i am gnnna fill it.

It started out with just that and expanded when there was more demand. Start out with only graphics related forums and you'll slowly build up more content and a larger user base.
(2012-09-28, 05:13 PM)asad3man Wrote: [ -> ]WTF? HF means =---> Hackforums>? So it doesnot means that it is jsut of hacking , it also contains other sections too. And yeah its new forum and i am gnnna fill it.
I never said your forum was about hacking. I said your website looks like HF the website. I've seen many people advertise website that look like yours on here that incorporate a lot of their ideas theme and tabs wise.

What you should do is start off with less sections until you grow. Right now you're still small, so the first thing people are going to see is a completely empty forum with a ton of sections. You get what I mean?