MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Mark PMs read or unread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was wondering why not add a new feature similar to the "Mark as read or unread" email feature. I believe if we have a [i]mark as unread or read PM[/b] feature it would help people a lot. Some reasons I can think of are as follow
  • If they have viewed a PM and they know they need to view the PM again when they read home or something then when they mark it as unread and log back in some other time then they would know that they have to check the PM
  • People could keep their request and pending work PMs up to date without missing out a specific task especially if they are being paid for it.
  • If they get a lot of spam PMs and they want to keep it, they can mark it as read so it won't pop up as it's unread and you need to read it.

They are many more reasons just can't think of any.

Sorry for the bad english, I'm just too sleepy ATM.
Omar had something like this in progress;

http://community.mybb.com/thread-123615.html

It's really nice. I wish he would make it sometime soon because I've been wanting it since July (no lie). Sad
It was done since long ago Confused, or do you mean the update? Anyways, I will update it just now and this as core will be very useful and harmless, IMO.
(2012-09-29, 04:11 AM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]It was done since long ago Confused, or do you mean the update? Anyways, I will update it just now and this as core will be very useful and harmless, IMO.

I didn't know there was a plugin on this, but since there is already a plugin and this has been suggested before then I think it should be core because it's very useful.