MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: New Users Can't Register/Admin Cant Register New Users
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello,

I'm having an issue I'm getting new users and I was told they were having sql errors. So itried logging them in on my end got this error,

Quote:MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
1062 - Duplicate entry '' for key 'loginname'

The problem is I know this user is not a duplicate entry, any help getting this working again?

Thanks.
loginname isn't a default column IIRC. Have you got any plugins installed?
I do have plugins installed as my boards arent new, I did have a login name/display name plug in installed but i deactivated it and uninstalled it (I thought) you think that could be it?
admincp>config>general config>at the bottom try to turn off all plugs.> try to register again. If it works. Maybe one of your plugs has conflict
Quite probably. Could you link to the actual plugin so I can check it out?
yes one moment im trying to hunt it down

Here it is

http://www.divshare.com/direct/19683672-f50.7z
ill help . Offtopic replied on pm
(2012-09-29, 04:47 PM)rzoneph Wrote: [ -> ]admincp>config>general config>at the bottom try to turn off all plugs.> try to register again. If it works. Maybe one of your plugs has conflict
Tried this, sadly it didnt work.
It doesnt seem like Rzo can help with this issue can anyone provide any support?
Sorry for nagging but I'm still having this issue can anyone help?

Ive looked in mysql/phpadmin and I've noticed 2 fields in the user section that could be causing the conflict, the table "username" is supposed to be there and created by mybb the conflict i believe is coming from another table called "loginname" which to the best of my knowledge was created by the plugin I posted above. I've asked someone if I could just delete the "loginname" table and they flat out said no but didnt give a reason why.

Can anyone help or elaborate on this issue?

Thanks again.
Pages: 1 2