MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Don't know what some CSS classes do
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm working on building my own MyBB skins, but I'm a bit confused about a few classes. I haven't gone through the entire CSS yet, but so far I've ended up at a few areas where I have no idea what they modify.

The first thing I'm having trouble with is .popup_menu, this page has the following to say about it
Quote:.popup_menu
Popup Menu: The popup menu itself.
.popup_menu .popup_item
Popup Items: Individual menu items when not hovered over.
.popup_menu .popup_item:hover
Hovered Items: Menu items that are currently being hovered over.
but I don't know what popup menu it's talking about.

I don't know where .valid_field/.invalid_field/.validation_success/etc are used either. I should be ok with everything else, but if not I'll add to this post/thread.

Is there a better CSS guide I don't know about? this thread is nice for basic stuff but beyond that it's not much help.

edit: I am also having trouble with .success_message
.error_message
.red_alert
.high_warning
.moderate_warning
.low_warning
.selectall
(2012-09-29, 05:04 PM)Kesha Wrote: [ -> ]I'm working on building my own MyBB skins, but I'm a bit confused about a few classes. I haven't gone through the entire CSS yet, but so far I've ended up at a few areas where I have no idea what they modify.

The first thing I'm having trouble with is .popup_menu, this page has the following to say about it
Quote:8b8b8b
Popup Menu: The popup menu itself.
.popup_menu .popup_item
Popup Items: Individual menu items when not hovered over.
.popup_menu .popup_item:hover
Hovered Items: Menu items that are currently being hovered over.
but I don't know what popup menu it's talking about.

I don't know where .valid_field/.invalid_field/.validation_success/etc are used either. I should be ok with everything else, but if not I'll add to this post/thread.

Is there a better CSS guide I don't know about? this thread is nice for basic stuff but beyond that it's not much help.

Oh buddy this one had me stumped too. The popup is the thing that appears when you click the edit button on a post. I'm sure it's used elsewhere as well, but i know it's used there Smile
Cool, thanks for the help with that one. How about the other ones? I also got to these which I'm not sure about
.success_message
.error_message
.red_alert
.high_warning
.moderate_warning
.low_warning
.selectall
(2012-09-29, 09:39 PM)Kesha Wrote: [ -> ]Cool, thanks for the help with that one. How about the other ones? I also got to these which I'm not sure about
.success_message
.error_message
.red_alert
.high_warning
.moderate_warning
.low_warning
.selectall

You can only find out by changing colors and looking around for what has changed... I've never changed those actually. practically speaking they're self explanatory. High warning = a high level warning, success message = a message show when you complete a certain action etc...