MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Double Reports in Report Log
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does anyone know what could possibly cause double reports to show up occasionally? Here is a screen shot of my report log:
Well, the user could be pressing the submit button twice. I know that happened on an SMF forum I visit (I reported a post three times because of this - the forum admin sent me a message). In which case, the page probably isn't loading fast enough, so the user thinks that pressing submit again to report will speed it up. I'd ask those users if they pressed the button twice. Smile
I believe it's some sort of browser bug, although I haven't noticed it here. Perhaps ask the users that it happens with which browser they're using?
(2012-09-30, 12:57 AM)Seabody Wrote: [ -> ]Well, the user could be pressing the submit button twice. I know that happened on an SMF forum I visit (I reported a post three times because of this - the forum admin sent me a message). In which case, the page probably isn't loading fast enough, so the user thinks that pressing submit again to report will speed it up. I'd ask those users if they pressed the button twice. Smile

But that many people doing it seems unlikely.

disregard, it's all the same person. That person may just be internet-deficient and think you have to click submit twice for it to work (even though i'm pretty sure mybb doesn't let you report the same post twice)

Look in your database and see if it is in there multiple times.
So this has happened on other mybb boards? I hope is not something wrong with my install! Blush