MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Pokemon, The Road to Victory
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[Image: pokemon.png]

Pokemon, The Road to Victory is an online Pokemon discussion community, hosted by icyboards. Powered by mybb.
.net domain from namecheap.

Its a community where Pokemon fans can get together and talk about all aspects of Pokemon. The games, the trading cards, the Anime, and much more.

We also have great off-topic areas as well.

Advertise your website, forum or blog for free in our "What's Your Website" section! http://www.pokemonrtv.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=24

Unlike most big Pokemon Communities such as ThePokeCommunity, we treat our members with great respect. Our rules are very fair, our staff are friendly, and we are not too strict on rules like one word posting and double posting. We don't disable post counts in any areas. We allow you to reply to old threads. This makes it much more enjoyable to post!

We also have an arcade you can play in with games like Pacman, Helicopter, Pokemon Towering Legends, Asteroids, etc. Compete for the highest scores in our games!

So come join Pokemon, The Road to Victory today at http://www.pokemonrtv.net

---------------

I accept feedback. I know there is a lot I can do to improve my forum and I want to here what everyone's ideas are.

Just make sure you give constructive criticism for the negatives. And try not to be rude. Explain what exactly the problem is and what I can do to fix it.

Just don't wanna see something like "Lol you forum sucks, why would anyone wanna register?"
I don't think you need an advertising section on a Pokemon forum. Allowing double posts is a good idea, in my opinion, as long as your members know that there must be a certain amount of time between them and new ideas in each post. Short posts, though, I'd rethink that.
Very Nice site.
All of these sections should just be merged with "General Discussion". Focus on the Pokemon content and nothing else since that is the niche you're aiming for.

Also, the cursor turning into a pokeball is really annoying in my opinion. I don't like it when my cursor is forced to change. I think the theme could do with a little work too, at the moment the colours sort of seem random, it just looks like it's in the middle of development if that makes sense.

Good luck.
We only allow a maximum of two links in showcase threads I'm afraid. Please refer to the official section rules and cut them down to the required amount: http://community.mybb.com/thread-74199.html
(2012-09-30, 08:29 PM)euantor Wrote: [ -> ]We only allow three links in showcase threads I'm afraid. Please refer to the official section rules and cut them down to the required amount: http://community.mybb.com/thread-74199.html

You mean 2? :p
Can support not edit posts? That would be so much easier in this case.
Yes, I might mean two. My bad.

@Anxiety: I can, but I thought it would be kinder to give the OP a chance to edit his post him self so he can choose the links to complete. If he doesn't comply then I'll edit it.
Hello,

I have to agree with Anxiety on this one that pokemon ball cursor is annoying i would loose it if i was you.

The site looks overly busy i would maybe look at toning it down a little bit;

The sidebar is full to the rafters with information, i am not sure where to look first.

The forum is crammed with far to many sections, Anxiety pointed out the entire misc section could be condensed into one General Discussion section with sub forums is required.

The theme is boring, the header image dosen't span the entire width of the body, either look at changing the header or reducing the body width, long term a new theme would be the way forward as there are so many sites out there that use the 'edited' mybb default.

Good Luck
Richard
When I first glanced at your website nothing really impressed me. You should look into getting a custom theme or choosing a different one. The header seems alright in my book, but not the best. You also have one to many sections for a starting forum. I highly recommend following Anxiety's idea on merging some of the sections together.

Other then the things I mentioned, your website is good. You have a good community base going for you and I wish you the best of luck with it.
Pages: 1 2