MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Thank you, your search has been submitted message
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
When I click View New Posts, I get this message:

[attachment=27336]

This message should be removed as it only appears to delay the New Posts results page.

Is there a setting in the Admin CP to not show this message?
Go to Admin CP > Configuration > Server and Optimization Options > Friendly Redirection Pages > Off.
Thank you, Fabio.

Is there any reason this message is being displayed here at mybb.com? It's very annoying.

What is the purpose for this message?
the purpose of the redirect message is to indicate that the requested action has been accepted by the server. they are not required, but for some users it give a bit of confidence that the action was completed.
I just noticed this is in the feedback forum. We probably won't be removing the feature because it can easily be disabled globally or on a per user basis. Although personally I don't see the need for them either.

If you want to disable this on your forum, follow the instructions above. If you want to disable it here, go to User CP > Edit Options > Other Options and untick 'Show friendly redirect pages'. Smile
These are the remnants of the dail-up days. The idea was a short message page like that would load quickly so to prevent people from clicking over and over again they implemented them (because the page they wanted could take awhile).
(2012-09-30, 02:53 PM)Alex Smith Wrote: [ -> ]These are the remnants of the dail-up days. The idea was a short message page like that would load quickly so to prevent people from clicking over and over again they implemented them (because the page they wanted could take awhile).

Considering the dial-up days are long gone, it would be great if the person in charge of this forum would disable the feature here. Who would make that decision?
you can disabled it yourself in the UserCP, the instructions were provided above
(2012-09-30, 03:40 PM)pavemen Wrote: [ -> ]you can disabled it yourself in the UserCP, the instructions were provided above

Thanks, pavemen.

When Fabio posted the instruction to disable it here, he use the acronym CP which I took as meaning Admin CP not User CP.
Well there is a user cp setting and a global one in the ACP, as Fabio stated.
Pages: 1 2